cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out help

WHThayer
Explorer
Explorer
When I arrive at a site and go to open my bedroom slideout, it doesn't always work. After playing between the remote and the panel, it finally goes out. Is it possible that I need full power (as in hooked up to 30amps) for it to work properly? Anyone else had this problem?? I have the 2011 Cougar 318SAB

sleepyhead
Explorer
Explorer
Ha, just has the same problem with our camper. Ours would slide 2 of the slides out and not the 3rd. We would repeat that a few times. So we changed the battery and everything works fine.
Environmental groups ARE the local terrorist in the USA...................

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.rv-partsplus.com/slide-outs
has some good info about slide outs

ours has "limit switches" that stop the slide out from operating. Once they cool, the slide will extend or retract. Takes about 5 minutes for it to reset.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bedroom slide electric?

Slides, landing gear & motor operated rear stabilizers are wired directly from battery(s).
They are intended to be able to operate without other sources of power (converter/tow vehicle)......provided battery(s) are maintained and charged.

Does bed have 'under bed storage'?
How much stuff in there?

Also if there is an 'auto reset DC circuit breaker' (vs a fuse) in-line on power to slide. It could be weak.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Sturgeon-Phish
Explorer
Explorer
If I remember correct the hydraulic pump takes quite a bit of current and if not at full charge the pump may not have sufficient current.
2003 GMC 3500 crew dually. Transfer Flow 50g aux tank; ISSPRO gauges, PPE boost valve, air box mods, stock exhaust w/o muffler, Line-X, Pace Edwards bed locker power tonneau. B&W Companion. Pulls a '05 Wildcat 31QBH 5th wheel

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
When I arrive at a site and go to open my bedroom slide-out, it doesn't always work. After playing between the remote and the panel, it finally goes out. Is it possible that I need full power (as in hooked up to 30amps) for it to work properly? Anyone else had this problem?? I have the 2011 Cougar 318SAB

If you are not hooked to shore power and your trailer is not hooked up to your truck, you are relying on the trailer's batteries only. The condition of the trailer batteries will determine how the slides function. Personally, as soon as get my RV backed into my site and leveled front to back, I hook up to shore power. The slides now operate normally.