cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide out toppers

rattleNsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
For those that have been down this road, how tough is it to change out a partially torn slide topper, or did you take it in to be done?
Mike
2010 Cedar Creek 34SATS (The Beast) & 20k Curt Q20 roller slider hitch
2006 Ford F350 SRW,SC Powerstroke diesel Lariat

2003 Harley Heritage Softail (Hogzilla)
and a wifey with tons of patience....
6 REPLIES 6

GON2SKI
Explorer
Explorer
Did the removal and repairing myself ……removed frayed tattered portion and fortunately they was enough extra material on the roller to correct the problem area. Then my son helped re-install the slide topper on a bedroom slide out. Helped to have two with the re-install as it started snowing and blowing.
2014 Arctic Fox 27-5L 5.5 Onan propane, 4pt AutoLevel, RearCam, Central Vacuum Bridgestone R250's tires
2002 F350 Power Stroke Diesel 4x4 CC SRW SB Chipped, Toyo Tuff HT tires
DW and 2 Bull Terriers

Here For A Good Time.... Not For A Long Time

sk734
Explorer
Explorer
Great link!! Thanks

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
Try here. Full instructions, and good products.

Tough tops

X2...DH and I did it ourselves.
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
Very easy, best to have a couple people to keep it straight, and just go slow !
2011 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4344, FMCA F334596, Cummins Power Play,Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with a 6 cylinder Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow Bar and Base Plates. 😉

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
it is easy and just takes about an hour if you take your time and do as the video mentioned above says. and don't buy the OEM materials. buy the stuff the RV geeks talk about. it is a lot cheaper and better stuff than OEM material. I bought two for less than the RV dealers want for one OEM slide.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Try here. Full instructions, and good products.

Tough tops
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.