cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slide valves

oldbird1965
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, my sewage valve is leaking so I cut the bottom sheet metal out to replace the slide valve. I can't, its part of the plastic pipe that's glued to a section of pipe on each side. My gray water tank and sewage tanks Y together in the middle with each having its own valve. I did notice on the valves eight screws that I'm guessing holds them together. Do you guys think that if I removed the screws from both valves that I could pull the Y and all the piping out? The only other alternative I can see is to cut both valves out and glue everything back together again. Seems like a mess of plumbing to me, I'm hoping my plan A will work. Any body on here experience something like this? I bought a couple 3" valves but they will not work. Thanks for any and all help, I appreciate it, Glenn
2008 Mobil Suites 36TK3, powerstroke one ton dually.
9 REPLIES 9

oldbird1965
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate that link for sure! Thanks

DirtyOil
Explorer
Explorer
This may be what you need... Thetford Slide-Ez gate valve.
2013 RAM 3500 CTD Crew 4x4 Laramie
2014 Sprinter Copper Canyon 269FWRLS

GUTS GLORY RAM

oldbird1965
Explorer
Explorer
Your a better researcher then I am, I even called six RV repair service centers and none of them had any idea of what I was talking about. Do you still have that link? Thanks for your reply!

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
oldbird1965 wrote:
Negative, mine does NOT have the 4 bolts. The valve is integrated into the plastic pipe as in they are part of the pipe. There are four holes that look like the ones in the video but they are hollow, you can stick a nail right thru the holes. All around one flat side are eight screws that appear to hold the two halves of the valve together. You can see a line in the middle of the skinny side going all the way around the edge of the valve that tells me that its a valve that has two half's held together by these eight screws. I defiantly could be wrong but I'm tempted to see if it will come apart. To complete this repair in any other way is beyond me. Thanks

OK I see what you mean. I searched and found one that has 8 screws holding it together as you describe. You would think that they would make it easily serviceable but it is an rv so who knows. I would do as someone else mentioned and try to put rubber couplers in so it can be serviced easily.

oldbird1965
Explorer
Explorer
Negative, mine does NOT have the 4 bolts. The valve is integrated into the plastic pipe as in they are part of the pipe. There are four holes that look like the ones in the video but they are hollow, you can stick a nail right thru the holes. All around one flat side are eight screws that appear to hold the two halves of the valve together. You can see a line in the middle of the skinny side going all the way around the edge of the valve that tells me that its a valve that has two half's held together by these eight screws. I defiantly could be wrong but I'm tempted to see if it will come apart. To complete this repair in any other way is beyond me. Thanks

Dave_and_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
Depends,but they should come off.Mine are Bal valves and they come apart with 4 bolts.
2011 Ram 3500 Dually Mega Cab
2016 Chaparral 370FL

oldbird1965
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dave and Sue, didn't know that! Soooo, I assume your saying that my 'built' in slides valves will come apart with those eight screws? Thanks again!

Dave_and_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
You should be able to do the.Cut the pipe after they combine together.They make a rubber coupling called a Furnco.You can use that to put it all back together.Using this coupling makes it very easy to plumb it back up.
2011 Ram 3500 Dually Mega Cab
2016 Chaparral 370FL