cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slippery Ramp Door!

judelaurenzo25g
Explorer
Explorer
I currently own a 2018 Eclipse Attitude 28SAG. On my year model the axles came flipped from the factory and they eliminated the interior wheel well. This made my ramp very steep. They have coated my ramp with a texture they call "Rhino Liner", no way in hell this is the same rhino liner that's in my truck. It's textured but slippery, it's plastic like. So slippery my cousin slipped on the ramp and broke his tibula and fibula. I thought about grip tape but it will likely not stick since the ramp is a textured like plastic.

What have you done to your ramp door to add grip?

Thanks in advance,
JL
A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.
22 REPLIES 22

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Try Non skid, like the stuff they use for boats.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

a_dog
Explorer
Explorer
judelaurenzo25g wrote:
a.dog wrote:
I used this stuff on my utility trailer deck.

I wonder if it will peel right off since the ramp is coated in a textured like plastic.

I think if you use the right primer to etch the surface without destroying it, it will hold. Alternatively, you could use a cup brush or other brush in your drill or angle grinder to scuff the existing textured surface prior to using a paint prep to remove any oils from the surface. Prep is always key.
TH: 2014 Eclipse Stellar 27DBLG, grey, Abyss pkg, 10K GVWR, ordered 6/1/13, delivered 12/14/13
TV: '04 Suburban 2500 LT, 8.1L, 3.73, 4x4, 10K tow rating, Blue Ox 14K hitch... aspiring to replace with a diesel 1-ton
Toys: '13 F800GS, '09 KLX250s, '05 DR200se

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
astroturf?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

judelaurenzo25g
Explorer
Explorer
Farmboy666 wrote:
Strips of 3/4 in wood run left to right spaced depending on what the tir size of what your loading.
This would work if I didn't use my ramp as a patio deck.

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
Strips of 3/4 in wood run left to right spaced depending on what the tir size of what your loading.

a_dog
Explorer
Explorer
OMG, my phone sucks so bad for trying to post pics via link or insertion, or whatever method. Sorry. If you can't get to this pic, I'll have to correct it on the computer. Meanwhile, it's latex skid resistant floor paint from Walmart.
TH: 2014 Eclipse Stellar 27DBLG, grey, Abyss pkg, 10K GVWR, ordered 6/1/13, delivered 12/14/13
TV: '04 Suburban 2500 LT, 8.1L, 3.73, 4x4, 10K tow rating, Blue Ox 14K hitch... aspiring to replace with a diesel 1-ton

judelaurenzo25g
Explorer
Explorer
a.dog wrote:

I wonder if it will peel right off since the ramp is coated in a textured like plastic.

a_dog
Explorer
Explorer

https://www.flickr.com/gp/we3pollards/209pd4