cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Smaller Fifth Wheel

hankandlisa
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a smaller rear living fifth wheel. My last was 36.5 and very hard to get into campgrounds that we like. It had three slides. We hardly ever stay more than 4 nights and don't travel very far from home. Rear living would be great. Slide in bedroom would be good too but not a necessity. 28 to 30 feet overall would be ideal. I have a F250 diesel so pulling won't be a problem. I am not gonna buy new ever again so I am gonna look for one less than 7 years old. I want a good quality camper but will take any suggestions. Thx.
20 REPLIES 20

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone Cougar's have some pretty decent floor plans in the 28 foot range and are very popular. Might be worth a looksie.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

jus2shy
Explorer
Explorer
Glacier peak from Outdoors RV. All the F26 models are roughly 30' in length. Personally looking at these guys as well.
E'Aho L'ua
2013 RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW |Cummins @ 370/800| 68RFE| 3.42 gears
Currently Rig-less (still shopping and biding my time)

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Went from truck camper to 34' to 40' fifth wheel to the present fifth wheel. It's even 3 years older then the 40'. It's all in the floor plan as this seems more roomier in the living room and kitchen. Lots easier to pull and maneuver. Couldn't be happier.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Heartland XLT 278TS. 3 slides, rear living, about 31'.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

hankandlisa
Explorer
Explorer
Crossroads Cruiser is one of the ones that I am looking at. Seems to be a good camper. How many slides is yours? We do want enough room for hanging clothes and drawers for shorts, shirts, socks, etc.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
They don't make our style anymore, but my wife an I love it for where we like to go.