cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

storage over winter

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
Can I leave my trailer plugged in over winter or should it be shut down. Whats your thoughts
9 REPLIES 9

Dave_H_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is gonna vary, kinda like panting garden when the moon is right. :W

I cannot see having any system plugged in an unattended if there is not a good reason. So i disconnect the batt and hook up a tender and let her rip.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Our Southwind is plugged in 24/7, never had a problem.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
I always unplug our trailer and switch the battery disconnect to OFF for the Winter. Then in the Spring, check the level in the batteries, plug the trailer in and turn the battery disconnect to ON. Never had to replace the batteries in nine years.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I unplug the rv and put a battery tender on the batteries,check couple times a winter.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We leave ours plugged in, batteries in, and check them periodically. We have four deep cycle due to our solar system, so leaving them in makes more sense, but again we check them periodically
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Always leave mine plugged in. Year round. Never had a battery problem.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Ours gets shut down and batteries turned off. I will check the batteries about once a month, and if they are not still fully charged, I will plug the rig in, turn on the batteries and have the converter charge the batteries for about 24 hours.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
If you leave it plugged in and charging and you have a wet battery you will need to keep an eye on the electrolyte level.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Many leave theirs plugged in all year, even in extreme cold. I unplug, disconnect and remove my battery before the snow flies. That's just me, neighbor right across the street leaves his FW connected, and battery charging all year.

In any case, batteries should be checked, in or out of the unit.

Jerry