cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffen Fifth wheel Vilano

skyl8dy
Explorer
Explorer
Tiffen has entered the Fifth Wheel market and we cant say enough about the quality of it! Honestly, we feel like it is a condo on wheels.....thank you Tiffen family for giving us this luxurious motorhome!
36 REPLIES 36

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
The unit looks great; however, I would not purchase one from the dealership in So. CA due to bad reviews on service repairs and customer service. All manufacturers have some type of repairs needed at one time or another on their units and if repairs and customer service are bad you don't enjoy your RV. Again I did like the models.
G.H.

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
irishtom29 wrote:

First they cry it canโ€™t do what they want and when they find it it can they cry about the cost.
A revised floor plan is no longer needed so your point is moot.
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
Robin1953 wrote:
laknox wrote:

I'd like to know if that $3,600 gets you more than just the 8k axles. You could likely buy a set of 8k axles and have them installed yourself, then sell off the 7k axles, and you'd be in for a =whole= lot less than $3,600, IMO.

Lyle
That price also includes "H" rated tires as well.

First they cry it canโ€™t do what they want and when they find it it can they cry about the cost.

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:

I'd like to know if that $3,600 gets you more than just the 8k axles. You could likely buy a set of 8k axles and have them installed yourself, then sell off the 7k axles, and you'd be in for a =whole= lot less than $3,600, IMO.

Lyle
That price also includes "H" rated tires as well.

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
MNRon wrote:
Robin - why are you looking to replace your Solitude? Weโ€™re trying to get the trigger pulled on a VL 320 and looking at similar GD too...
I was in need of a half bath on the lower level when I was looking to replace the Solitude. That need has dissipated so I will not be replacing my Solitude. Of the fourteen RVs that I have owned over the years the Solitude has been the most reliable and most trouble free of any previous unit. The Vilano is really well made but all of the solid wood cabinetry, in my opinion, is a lot of bling that sucks up a huge amount of CCC. Nothing wrong with that but as a full timer if I was going to go with a Vilano I would definitely go with the 8000# axles.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
JIMNLIN wrote:
thank you Tiffen family for giving us this luxurious motorhome!

:h
What does your lux MH have to do with 5th wheel trailers or am I on the wrong forum

Look at the title of this thread. They just used the wrong term for their trailer.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
thank you Tiffen family for giving us this luxurious motorhome!

:h
What does your lux MH have to do with 5th wheel trailers or am I on the wrong forum
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

CarolynandBob
Explorer
Explorer
Yes the customer service worked out well. It took a little longer than I thought but they did have their first rally.
2017 Vilano 375FL (Bob's Cabin Carolyn's Beach House)
2017 F350 Dually 4x4
8 Year old Pug/Terrier
9 Year old Puggle
8 Year old Boxer/Greyhound

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
CarolynandBob- good luck with your issue. Have you checked out the VL FB page? You might also find something me help there.

Keep us posted
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

CarolynandBob
Explorer
Explorer
Still waiting to hear from Vanleigh. It has been a week, but they are having their first rally this weekend.

We will see about their "after purchase customer service".
2017 F350 Dually 4x4
8 Year old Pug/Terrier
9 Year old Puggle

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we visited the factory a few weeks ago. Very nice people. Also canโ€™t say enough good about what Iโ€™ve read about their โ€˜after purchaseโ€™ customer service.

BTW - what about the teaser you posted earlier?
Ron & Pat

CarolynandBob
Explorer
Explorer
It is good that you are in Tennessee. You will be able to take it to the Service center that does Vanleigh's warranty work. They are in Tishimingo,MS.
2017 F350 Dually 4x4
8 Year old Pug/Terrier
9 Year old Puggle

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
Comes with G rated Westlakes. Would prefer they were Sailuns (have on current rig) but lots of digging didnโ€™t turn up any bad on Westlake *G* tires so Iโ€™ll run them with TPMS and see how they do. If one wants VL offers either GY 614 upgrades or 8k axle/H rated tire upgrades.
Ron & Pat

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
MNRon wrote:
Just put money down today on a 2019 VL 320. Final cut came down to GD Solitude, Montana, and VL. Cabinetry, and other items (including customer service and satisfaction) kept pulling us back to VL. Specโ€™d out as we wanted, now just beginning the long wait to get it built...

What tires come on it? I assume one of the all steel LRG offerings. GY G614, Sailun or Westlake?

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021