cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Timken Bearings

I know a lot of US switched over to Timken bearings... Some of us are unable to find Timken bearings that are made in the USA....

I have been dealing with a great Amish guy who is a custom welder and he makes custom trailers. He also has a brick and mortar store, along with online business..

He stocks Timken bearings... I was there today.. It is called - The Trailer Shoppe LLC in Leola PA.

They say - " Made in the USA with US and imported content"

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
8 REPLIES 8

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
noteven wrote:
I just bought a set of Timken bearings (which are the OEM bearing) from the dealer for my Kenworth dually.

Made in India

stupid truck wants to honk it's horn and crowd anything smaller than it off the road now.

LMAO!

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just bought a set of Timken bearings (which are the OEM bearing) from the dealer for my Kenworth dually.

Made in India

stupid truck wants to honk it's horn and crowd anything smaller than it off the road now.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
ChuckSteed wrote:
Timken bearings are NO better than OEM bearings anymore.. I have my OEM Dexter axle bearings in my 8 year old fifth wheel and see zero reason to spend money for Timkens...

Same here, I ran the OEM bearings in my previous fifth for nearly 13 years without a problem. Same with the present fifth wheel the OEM are going on 6 years .

As said in a previous post , I think its been several years since Timken has actually made their own bearings, assembled here is all. I believe at one point they were getting away with saying Made in the US , because of just the assembly, parts made overseas .

ChuckSteed
Explorer
Explorer
Timken bearings are NO better than OEM bearings anymore.. I have my OEM Dexter axle bearings in my 8 year old fifth wheel and see zero reason to spend money for Timkens...

I see a Timken factory going north on I-77. May be in WV. I always notice it because my Uncle worked at Timken in Canton, Ohio when I was a kid.

yea, The box specifically states - " Made in the USA with US and imported contents"
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
I know a lot of US switched over to Timken bearings... Some of us are unable to find Timken bearings that are made in the USA....

I have been dealing with a great Amish guy who is a custom welder and he makes custom trailers. He also has a brick and mortar store, along with online business..

He stocks Timken bearings... I was there today.. It is called - The Trailer Shoppe LLC in Leola PA.

They say - " Made in the USA with US and imported content"

If I remember reading where the parts are made in China ,and assembled in the US, and some were pretty adamant about mistaking made in the US ,but in reality they were not . It appears they have changed their labeling ,and have added the imported content ??

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
good find...also got my USA made from Amazon...got luck I guess.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion