cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires

NancyLepri
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone like Hartland tires for fifth wheel? I have to chose between those or Carlisle. Thinking Hartland.
29 REPLIES 29

Drifter1959
Explorer
Explorer
I installed Sailun 235-85R16 G rated tires with 3960lb wheels on 7K axles. These tires have a great history of reliability and they're made in China. A little overkill but worth it.
Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually 4X4, RAM Puck w/ Demco Hijacker 21K Autoslide, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4.10's, 51 Gal Midship Titan Fuel Tank.
Wagon: 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA, Sailun G's, Center Point Air Suspension, 572 Watts Solar w/4 T-145s.

NancyLepri
Explorer
Explorer
Ended up with Maxxis 10 ply tires. Stay tuned, I will let you know how they roll....

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
allen8106 wrote:
Go to your local new car dealer, they sell tires. Likely they can order Maxxis from the nearest tire warehouse. There's no reason to be limited to two brands. I had Carlisle on my 2007 Puma and one had huge bubble on the outside of the tire the day after I brought it home, brand new never been titled and a bubble on the tire after 500 miles.

Before they came out with the newer Radial RH, for sure. I wouldn't have trusted them, either, in that time frame. Given that I know and trust the guys at my local Discount, I went with them.

Lyle

There have been FEW REPORTS of failure of the new "RH" tires. You always have people on this forum that refuse to change their minds....refuse to believe in the last 20 years a manufacturer can improve their products. OR, like Allen may just be totally uninformed.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
allen8106 wrote:
Go to your local new car dealer, they sell tires. Likely they can order Maxxis from the nearest tire warehouse. There's no reason to be limited to two brands. I had Carlisle on my 2007 Puma and one had huge bubble on the outside of the tire the day after I brought it home, brand new never been titled and a bubble on the tire after 500 miles.

Before they came out with the newer Radial RH, for sure. I wouldn't have trusted them, either, in that time frame. Given that I know and trust the guys at my local Discount, I went with them.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
allen8106 wrote:

Were the Carlisle OEM on your PUMA? Again, the old tire-not the "RH". The "RH" came out way after you brought your PUMA home.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
I looked very hard at the Maxxis the last 2 times I replaced a set. Didn't buy them because they weren't actually carried by anyone anywhere near where I live and, if ordered, were on back order both times. Figured my chances of getting one quickly if I ever needed to replace one on the road weren't all that great.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

NancyLepri
Explorer
Explorer
I am talking about this fiver. Gonna see if discount can order Maxxis.
What is gvwr and gawr/ The fiver weight is like 9000 lbs I think.Empty. Laredo came with ST225/75R15. Discount can order maxxis. I am not jumping into anything just yet. I appreciate any help.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
NancyLepri wrote:
Anyone like Hartland tires for fifth wheel? I have to chose between those or Carlisle. Thinking Hartland.

Are you talking about this trailer? "2009 Keystone Laredo". Does it have 15" rims and tires? If so then the Carlisle Radial RH or Maxxis 8008. If it has 16" rims and tires, tell us more about it. GVWR and GAWR and tires listed on placard. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
The G614 RST is rated at 75 mph because its a LT tire. Many mistakengly see the RST and may think its some how a ST tire. Its not...
Goodyear says the RST stands for "Regional Service Trailer" and is targeted at regional service haulers.

As other better informed members have said we have several brands of ST tires that carry a speed rating higher than 65 mph. I would be looking at those brands....if I was confined to a ST tire.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

1ofmany
Explorer
Explorer
thomhack wrote:
All ST tires are rated to a top speed of 65 mph(without regard as to the manufacturer). If I were you I would find a tire store with a better selection of tires. One good tip is to check date codes on tires you buy. I replace my tires at the 5 year mark. A lot of tire dealers may have stock that is over a year old when they sell it to you. I will not accept a new tire that is more than 6 months old.
The G614 is speed rated at 75mph.

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
NancyLepri wrote:
Still can't find a good tire for fiver....is it because of the season right now>> Summertime Michigan...

Please define in your opinion what is a "good tire". Then maybe we can understand where you are coming from.

NancyLepri
Explorer
Explorer
Still can't find a good tire for fiver....is it because of the season right now>> Summertime Michigan...

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
NancyLepri wrote:
internet says Carlisle blow...
I don't know...

the negative reviews are mostly from tires older than 5 years-before the change was made and a nylon overcap included in the manufacturing process....