cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toilet issue

bigdave720
Explorer
Explorer
My toilet, a Dometic 320, has suddenly started acting like there's a vapor lock when I flush it. I step on the pedal and it burps and sometimes even burps so bad it splashes some on the floor. What is causing this? Thought it might be a full tank so I emptied it but it didn't help. Any ideas?
2001 Fleetwood Wilderness 31G
29 REPLIES 29

bigdave720
Explorer
Explorer
I'll say. I'm disabled and it really helps to have real friends. I'm truly blessed!

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
While I read this I kept thinking, that's one heck of a good friend you got there.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Ramair
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad it all worked out for you.
Andrew & Donna Reyes
2012 Georgetown 378 XL

bigdave720
Explorer
Explorer
Ended up having to hire a pro. He was able to remove the discharge pipe. Turns out, it wasn't glued on too well after all. Pulled the hose through far enough to unscrew the the wand from the hose and remove it amd then pull the hose back up through the toilet. $110 I wish I'd spent a couple days earlier.

Thanks for all the help guys. Much appreciated.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Dave, a long time ago and I can't remember why, I had to remove the discharge pipe from the holding tank.

I was able to get the glue or whatever softened up enough with a heat gun that i was able to get the discharge pipe to move and with a quarter turn it came out of there. just a thought.

bigdave720
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah Dave. Sure is. Not a lot of choices right now. Oh, and now it turns out the discharge pipe is glued to the tank so he's going to cut the pipe, fish the hose out and the put a coupler on it. Mmm mmm mmm. A wonderful week we're having here.....

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
hmmmmmmmm, this friend, is he the same one that got the hose stuck in there to start with? :h

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
The pyramid has happened to me a few times , what I do is partially fill the tank with enough water to get it and tow the rv around for a while or to the next site, then dump it . The agitation of driving, dissolves or loosens it.
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0

bigdave720
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. My friend is coming back this pm to disconnect the 3" pipe where it exits the black tank and go in that way. Can't seem to get it out any other way. What a freaking mess this has grown in to.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
If all else fails, you may have to remove the toilet so you can run an arm down the pipe and free it.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

Ramair
Explorer
Explorer
it either has to come out the toilet or see if he can push it thru and out the the main drain, if he can I would cut the hose so you don't have to pull as much out. But it has to come out either way. If it was a service (plumber) you hired then he should be insured if anything breaks. Hate to say that. Good luck and let us know.
Andrew & Donna Reyes
2012 Georgetown 378 XL

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
My theory would be that whatever is on the end of that flusher hose is caught on the lip of the inlet pipe when you try to pull it up. Been there.

I would try to ease it up until it is caught and then release the pressure and turn the hose 1/4 turn. Repeat until full turn is complete.

BTW can you push the hose down and pull it back up and feel it catch on the way up say a foot or so? Hope the flusher operator did not jam the hose down there until it started curling around in the tank.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I'd try rotating and pulling. Quite forcefully if needed. In the future, it's not necessary to push it all the way in.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

bigdave720
Explorer
Explorer
YES TucsonJim!! Thank you. My mind drew a complete blank.

They were afraid they'd break something if they yanked too hard. Not the flush wand, but the plumbing or something. What do you think?

Right now I have a water hose sticking out of my toilet.