cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toilet

sarahm
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I bought a used 5th wheel. I need to replace the toilet. I was talking to sale woman, and she said that the toilet will have no water in the bowel. Rv toilet's bowels are used dry. Is this true? Or am I being feed a line again. Has anyone used Thetford Aria toilets? I am looking at switching from Sealand to Thetford. I hate the cheap seat on Sealand. But I'm concerned about the shallow bowel,and 10v power connection on Thetford. Any advise would really be appreciated. Thanks
17 REPLIES 17

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why do you think you need a new toilet?
RV roilets do have water in the bowl. Normally you have to lift a handle or foot pedal to allow water into the bowl for poo. For pee most people dont dont worry about water.
As for toilets, you cant go wrong with a porceline toilet. Plastic ones work, but do tend to scratch, so not the best choices.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Except for a very small amount of water around the seal, an RV toilet is basically dry. If you want water in the bowl, you add it with the foot peddle before using it. When you push the foot peddle to flush, all the water and contents goes down and you hold the foot peddle until everything is gone.

But, they are designed to not have water until you push the peddle. The do not operate the same way as one in the house. There is no tank to cause a flush, since all the contents simply drop out the bottom and go directly into a holding tank. You use only as much water as you need to clean the bowl out.

These are similar to a toilet on an airplane, except they don't use suction to vacate the bowl. They rely on gravity instead.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Two thoughts...can't see the need for an electric flush toilet...more stuff to go wrong. But, never had one so hopefully others with direct electric flush toilets will chime in.

and..."no water in the bowl?" Not my choice either. Don't all toilets have water in them...home and RV? Except outhouses.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro