Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lipert 4 pt electric leveling ques.

Jgeorger1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,
Called the Lipert Customer Service line today to ask about an Out of Stroke message my Montana is throwing when the jacks are nowhere near the end of their stroke. ( I was able to level manually, and the jacks extended past the point whare the message occu?red. I was told the code was generated by motor amp draw, which I accepted. However there was not much in the way of solution offered.
Is there a chance something else is going on, like the system being out of calibration? The site was blliard table level.
Is there a way to lubricate the jack, assuming some type of worm gear?
Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Dr_Bobs_Patient
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Cougar 333MKS with the Lippert 4 point system and had the same message. Read on one of the RV sites to reset it, manually retract each leg one at a time. Let it cool off powered down for a few minutes then power back up. It resets and would auto level again. This worked for me. Good luck.
I keep doing that which I cannot do in order to learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
Ok on the electric system but the wiring and breaker still applies. The controller monitors the battery voltage and if it drops too low the current draw is considered high.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

Jgeorger1
Explorer
Explorer
I will check the wiring connections, each corner has a motor, as it is not a hydraulic system. At some point, I think I will check the "zero" settings on the controller with a level placed on the floors. I assume that once you are bubble level, zeroing the system will accept that status a 0 degrees on both planes.

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
If the code (as Lippert stated) is generated by current drawn by the pump motor then go thru your pump motor's wiring and clean/tighten all the connections. A bad connection can cause low voltage and as the voltage goes down the current draw goes up. Voltage drop can also be caused by a bad 50a breaker.

Hint: The usual suspect is the battery's ground connections. followed by the breaker.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
I used to get that message when I put the front jacks extensions too far down with the locking pins before I use the system. On an uneven slope the rears can't extend down far enough and the fronts can't retract enough to compensate for the height that I sent the extensions too. Now I only pre-extend the fronts into the first 4 or 5 holes
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
I have the six point electric system and received the same error code. I called and received the same reply from them, "No help". Before my warranty is over, taking it to the shop.
G.H.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Have you re-zeroed it? There is a specific order of button pushing.
http://www.lci1.com/images/support/manuals/Ground_Control_2_Owners_Manual.pdf
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar thing happen to me but I also received error on one of the jacks. took it to the shop and the dealer had to replace the jack motor.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD