cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toy Haulers: Ten Year Anniversary

dedmiston
This weekend (Veterans Day weekend) marks the ten year anniversary of our first annual So Cal Rally. Two guys, Diirk and LACoFDFireman, organized the first rally and it exploded from there. We had four "official" rallies in two different spots and then the whole thing grew to be too big and changed into a less organized unofficial yearly trip. Many of the friendships that formed in those first few years have lasted ever since and many groups still camp together throughout the year.

So my question for you all is, how many of you have camped with people you met here at RV.NET? Do you still camp together?

As a side note, I never made a note of the date, but I'm pretty sure this is also the 10th anniversary of the Toy Hauler forum itself. I'm guessing it was earlier in the year in 2004 that Admin created this "special" forum to get all of us the hell out of the more respectable forums in RV.NET. I assume it wasn't so much for our benefit as it was just a good way to keep us all segregated in one spot where they could keep a better eye on us.

The forum has had its ups and downs over the years. We actually used to go for months without any tire threads. The focus was more on organizing get-togethers and posting trip pictures and not so much on specific technical questions like weights and tires. You used to be able to set your watch by Buford's Friday afternoon happy hour posts, with lots of skin and not much to do with RVs.

Anyway, back to the question. Who here has gotten together with overs that they've met here and camped out? Have you stayed in touch with the folks that you've camped with in the past?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
12 REPLIES 12

dedmiston
Hey Bill. No max.

And anybody like you who was friends with my pop is automatically grandfathered in.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

billkaufmann
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
This weekend (Veterans Day weekend) marks the ten year anniversary of our first annual So Cal Rally. Two guys, Diirk and LACoFDFireman, organized the first rally and it exploded from there. We had four "official" rallies in two different spots and then the whole thing grew to be too big and changed into a less organized unofficial yearly trip. Many of the friendships that formed in those first few years have lasted ever since and many groups still camp together throughout the year.

So my question for you all is, how many of you have camped with people you met here at RV.NET? Do you still camp together?

As a side note, I never made a note of the date, but I'm pretty sure this is also the 10th anniversary of the Toy Hauler forum itself. I'm guessing it was earlier in the year in 2004 that Admin created this "special" forum to get all of us the hell out of the more respectable forums in RV.NET. I assume it wasn't so much for our benefit as it was just a good way to keep us all segregated in one spot where they could keep a better eye on us.

The forum has had its ups and downs over the years. We actually used to go for months without any tire threads. The focus was more on organizing get-togethers and posting trip pictures and not so much on specific technical questions like weights and tires. You used to be able to set your watch by Buford's Friday afternoon happy hour posts, with lots of skin and not much to do with RVs.

Anyway, back to the question. Who here has gotten together with overs that they've met here and camped out? Have you stayed in touch with the folks that you've camped with in the past?

Dave, What is the maximum age for your rallies?

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great question mod. My wife and I were camping on our N Calif. Coast and I recognized an Expedition and Silver Creek trailer from a signature. I walked by and asked if they were JMHO from RV.net. We now consider them family and try to camp with them and others several times a year. In fact we have done several Thanksgiving rallies with them and others we have met on this site.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
I no longer own a toy hauler, but I still read and post in here.

Prior to the TH section here, the only toy hauler specific RV forum was over at irv2, if I recall correctly.
Bob

jsalazar310
Explorer
Explorer
so when's the next rally??
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2007 WW FSW2800 Billet Edi.

derwud
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it has been a great ten years... Well except that one trip!! Made some good friends and family members!! Thanks to Eric and Dave for setting up that first rally..
2005 Nissan Titan CC SE 4x4, 2006 Weekend Warrior FS2300
2 Quads, 2 Motorcycle and a '06 Rhino
1 Patient Wife, 1 Crazy child, 1 sweet baby.
RIP Bubba and Toby, we love you.

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
we've never made it out "officially" but hooked up with one or two here and there. I did go to the last small AGW organized by Strabo, that was fun. And Dave and I have visited each other while out at Spangler.

I did meet the late BobWanderer on this site and we became good friends and sponsored him and his family into The Viewfinders M.C. Still miss him and have lost touch with his family, very sad.

Goodtimes i will remember, lets go Camping!!!
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
we've never made it out "officially" but hooked up with one or two here and there. I did go to the last small AGW organized by Strabo, that was fun. And Dave and I have visited each other while out at Spangler.

I did meet the late BobWanderer on this site and we became good friends and sponsored him and his family into The Viewfinders M.C. Still miss him and have lost touch with his family, very sad.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

roadracer
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, have camped with a couple of people several times but have not made that lasting relationship that you speak about, maybe being from Northern California, it is a long ways to go to Southern California area for three or four days. I have met up with some of you at Glamis, had a great time.
06 F350 4x4 Amarillo Pkg PSD,Juice W/Attitude, Air Bags
Cold Air Intake, Corsa Exhaust
2" Fabtech Kit W/Shocks
Superglide 5r Hitch W/ Super Rail Kit
K-Z 38bx2 Triple Slide With Mor/ryde Pin box

jeffws
Explorer
Explorer
We have camped with a few from here ๐Ÿ™‚
00 FLHR
03 XR 50
05 CRF 70
03 XR 80
05 CRF 230F

06 Yamaha Rhino
06 KTM 525 EXC

05 F-250 CC,4X4,6.0 PSD
06 Gearbox 295FS
05 Carson 7x10

porknbeanr
Explorer
Explorer
Met you guys last year at Spangler. Had a great weekend meeting new people and riding to places we've never been. Patiently waiting for the next one. (hint hint).
Also, I would agree this a great place to learn and have technical questions answered, but I too would like to see more stories and pictures of everyone's camping experiences. Most of the places we have camped in the last two years I learned about on this forum. That's what i'm talkin'bout.
2008 CYCLONE 4012
2008 F350 SUPER DUTY
2007 ARCTIC CAT PROWLER SXS
1999 CLUB CAR

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
**Raises Hand**

Still here, just older now.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad