cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer towing service

milkman41
Explorer
Explorer
May need a trailer towing service to move a trailer from Houston to Ft. Lauderdale. Any suggestions as to a company to contact for this?
9 REPLIES 9

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
FWIW, Uship will give you a number of bids for the service. I was looking at moving a ~30' FW, < 10k lbs, and was getting bids from $2.50/mile on the high end to $1.99 on the low end. Ended up not buying the rig and just decided that I'd spend the money on a certified RV inspector local to the rig I'm looking at, if out of state, and go get it myself if I make the deal.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
milkman41 wrote:
May need a trailer towing service to move a trailer from Houston to Ft. Lauderdale. Any suggestions as to a company to contact for this?

Contact the Escapes RV club for advice.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What's your phone number again, 2oldman?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
If you apply online, don't give them a real phone number. You will be deluged with calls for months.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
Make sure your insurance covers anything that might happen. I watched a guy with a delivery sign on his pickup make a wrong turn with a trailer and scrape off one of the leveling jacks. He never stopped, but I did and picked up the pieces. Then I followed him down to one of the local RV dealers. Turns out he was delivering a brand new unit to them and hadn't told them about what he'd "run into along the way".

slomark
Explorer
Explorer
Used U-Ship many years ago, and worked out great.
'09 Heartland Sundance 285bh, '08 CTD

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What are you offering?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check with Local RV Dealerships.....

And is it a TRAILER (Bumper pull) or a 5th wheel?

Make sure you are clear on which one it is.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Uship.