cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TST Tire system

T-Trucker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, just installed a TST system,the montier is picking up the id# of the sensors but I am not getting any readings,just measured off distance I am about 30ft apart between the monitor and the sensors,do I need to buy the repeater.Or is that distance within the monitors range???? Thx for any comments.
32 REPLIES 32

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed, TST customer service is top notch.

If your monitor has a decent battery charge from being plugged in, and if you take it around by the trailer tires and leave it there, then come back in 15 minutes or so and it still has no readings, then something is wrong. Maybe you didn't program the unit properly, or maybe it is malfunctioning.

If you do get a reading when you try the above procedure, then yes you need a repeater.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
When we were traveling first thing I did when we were going to be pulling out in the morning was go turn on the monitor. As I was putting the various things away and loading up the trailer/truck I would look in and check the monitor for all readings and once they were showing, maybe as long as 4 minutes from turning the unit on, I knew before we pulled out how all tires were looking. Something that has been talked about in the past is the sender making good contact with the valve stem valve. Some stems are screwed down into the valve stem a tad too far, not giving the sender a good flow and that makes the sender read sporadically or not at all. When I first installed my system years ago I needed to adjust the stems on at least 2 or 3 tires to get a solid flow to the sender for a good signal. I ended up purchasing a repeater and found that the amplified signal was so good I could get my monitor to read all tires from as far away as almost a foot ball field. But without that repeater I could still read my tires on the rig while moving down the highway. I have helped may other TPMS owners get their systems working correctly by playing with the valve stem valve.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
We do not have a repeater and no problems but it takes a little time for the product to load up and send the pressure and temps.
chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
allimax wrote:
I have the TST 507SG and coming home from our last trip, I lost readings from all 4 trailer tires one at a time. I gave the monitor to my daughter in the back seat of my truck and after 5-10 minutes all 4 tires were reading again. She gave me the monitor back and the monitor kept reading. I don't know what's up with that.

Could this have been a Repeater issue or lack of one?
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

allimax
Explorer
Explorer
I have the TST 507SG and coming home from our last trip, I lost readings from all 4 trailer tires one at a time. I gave the monitor to my daughter in the back seat of my truck and after 5-10 minutes all 4 tires were reading again. She gave me the monitor back and the monitor kept reading. I don't know what's up with that.
2010 Montana 3455SA
Mor/Ride kingpin, wet bolts, Progressive Ind. HW-50C EMS,TST 507RV TPMS, GY G614's
'07.5 Silverado D/A LMM 3500HD
Extended Cab DRW 4x4 LTZ
Bilstein, Reese R20, Banks Economind tuner, Speedbrake, RamAir, Monster exhaust

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Also a note to remember with the readings - when we were getting ready to pull out from our last camping spot, the monitor read that the fifth wheel tires were flat! We still had the stabilizers between the tires - pressure on them. Once we removed those and removed the wheel chocks, the monitor read all tires correctly.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

oldbiker7
Explorer
Explorer
Did you charge the receiver/monitor prior to using it for the first time? They come with a minimal charge so that needs to be done. I believe it is also possible to screw the sensors on too tight - this will keep them from working properly. I've had mine for a couple of months without any problems although as mentioned they can take several minutes to register the tire pressure/temp.
2013 GMC 3500 Duramax CCSB 4x4, 19.5 wheels/tires, Hellwig anti-sway bar, airbags, Torklift Stableloads
2013 Arctic Fox 811

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
Mine will only pick up the pressure when rolling down the road. I believe the sensors "turn off" if they sit.

Have you tried it moving? Just a thought.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

JohnD222
Explorer
Explorer
I just swapped out my old HawksHead for the TSP. I never needed repeater with the HawksHead for pickup or my 38 or 40 foot 5ers. The TSP won't even pick up all my wheels on the pickup. Everything fine with the repeater. I suspect the user replaceable batteries in the new 507 series are the reason.

DazedNConfused
Explorer
Explorer
Mine works most of the time....but does take several minutes (up to 5?) to finally pick up all 8 tires (4 on tv and 4 on fiver). But while towing, sometimes a sending unit will drop off. When that happens, it seldom reconnects...but if I cycle the power on the receiver, it will often reconnect. It isn't always the same one that drops off. I have been thinking about getting a repeater...might be time. Doesn't do a lot of good to invest in this device if you can't receive signal. If Murphy has his way, you'll develop a problem on the tire that you just lost signal from!

DNC

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I haven't needed a repeater. I've got a longbed quadcab dually pulling a 40' toyhauler.

How long have you waited for the monitor to get a signal? Mine can take quite a while to first connect.

Agree - takes AWHILE for the readings after the initial setup.

T-Trucker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi tried what AniJet said to try get right next to tires id# come up but no pressure or temps,did I do something wrong in the setup???Thx Terry

T-Trucker
Explorer
Explorer
AniJet I sent you a private message. Thx Terry

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I haven't needed a repeater. I've got a longbed quadcab dually pulling a 40' toyhauler.

How long have you waited for the monitor to get a signal? Mine can take quite a while to first connect.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

deewhite0612
Explorer
Explorer
We have TST monitors and have no problems with a 39 foot motorhome and Saturn Vue toad.
Michael and Daryl (Dee)
2006 Newmar Kountry Star 3778
2008 Saturn Vue XR V6
Blue Ox Alladin
Brake Buddy Classic