cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Voltage and their "V Series"

camper26
Explorer
Explorer
What is the difference in the Voltage toy haulers and their "V Series"? Is the V-series a cheaper more economical model?
Anyone know?
2013 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L D/A 3:73 4x4,CC,SRW
2008 Fuzion FZ302 Toy Hauler
2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide
17 REPLIES 17

jbee
Explorer
Explorer
mbovinet wrote:
We purchased a Voltage V3305 a few months back. Pulling it with a 2012 Ford F250 CC 4x4 SWB with the 6.7L. I added Firestone Bags as well as Air Lifts wireless compressor. For sure a must as the pin weight is pretty stout.

A few minor issues with the 3305 but nothing real major yet. There's a few things I would have done differently inside the unit as well.

Enough rambling,

Thanks

Mike

Mike, Thanks for the info!

Jeremy
2014 V3305 Dutchmen Voltage TH
2014 F450 Platinum
2009 F250 Diesel**sold**
Can Am Commander 1000XT

mbovinet
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a Voltage V3305 a few months back. Pulling it with a 2012 Ford F250 CC 4x4 SWB with the 6.7L. I added Firestone Bags as well as Air Lifts wireless compressor. For sure a must as the pin weight is pretty stout.

A few minor issues with the 3305 but nothing real major yet. There's a few things I would have done differently inside the unit as well.

Enough rambling,

Thanks

Mike
2013 Voltage V-3305

Pulled By

2102 Ford F250 CC SWB 4X4 6.7

jbee
Explorer
Explorer
gfvillano wrote:

The Onan 5500 watt generator adds 279 pounds in the nose of the trailer if installed and then the additional weight of the fuel in the rear fuel tank. Our 3105 included the generator in the package. We have not had a lot of use for ours yet, but I am more than happy to have it onboard for any times that we might need a stand alone power source.

Newbie here and we just decided on the V3305. Like most of you, I looked at the non V series haulers and couldn't justify the extra cost with (IMHO) minimal upgrades I could do myself a lot cheaper. I am having the second A/C unit installed to help with cooling. We are really looking forward to this new adventure. I will also be pulling with a 2009 f250 diesel. G, did you add airbags or timbrens to your TV?
2014 V3305 Dutchmen Voltage TH
2014 F450 Platinum
2009 F250 Diesel**sold**
Can Am Commander 1000XT

gfvillano
Explorer
Explorer
KRR wrote:
Thanks G, I'd appreciate the pictures of the inside closed up. We're on a corner lot with a side entry garage, only about 24 feet from garage door to sidewalk, so being able to load up in the street without impeding traffic with the slides open would be nice. Which hitch do you have? Is a slider necessary with the front cap profile?

Still not sold on having a generator, don't really see us doing any dry camping and it's an expensive (and heavy) option for something we probably won't need - any opinions?

Cheers!

The Onan 5500 watt generator adds 279 pounds in the nose of the trailer if installed and then the additional weight of the fuel in the rear fuel tank. Our 3105 included the generator in the package. We have not had a lot of use for ours yet, but I am more than happy to have it onboard for any times that we might need a stand alone power source.

KRR
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks G, I'd appreciate the pictures of the inside closed up. We're on a corner lot with a side entry garage, only about 24 feet from garage door to sidewalk, so being able to load up in the street without impeding traffic with the slides open would be nice. Which hitch do you have? Is a slider necessary with the front cap profile?

Still not sold on having a generator, don't really see us doing any dry camping and it's an expensive (and heavy) option for something we probably won't need - any opinions?

Cheers!

gfvillano
Explorer
Explorer
KRR wrote:
Not to hijack the OP's topic, but the V-series is on my short list to purchase this spring. I posted on another thread that I'm looking for a toy hauler to haul fishing kayaks and bikes (no quads or anything heavy). I'm hoping to see a V3005 or maybe a V3305 this weekend...

One thing I'm concerned about is access throughout the unit with slides closed. We live on a corner lot in a sub, and much like the picture posted above, we'll need to load/unload in the street as our driveway isn't long enough to back into. Is there any access to the refer/storage with the kitchen slide closed in the 3105/3305, or does the slide need to be opened?

Any real world weights on the 3105/3305? My TV is a 2011 F350 crew cab diesel FX4, payload per sticker is 3500lbs. I really don't see us needing the generator, which would save us on pin weight and $$.

Any other input would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, hoping to see one in person this weekend but I like to hear 'real world' opinions as well.

Cheers!

We actually have a long enough driveway to back the Voltage in and open all the slides. When the slides are closed, you have no access to the fridge and very limited access to the galley cabinets. We just returned home today with the trailer and already have it opened up in the driveway to clean it out before it goes to it's enclosed storage. I'll try to take a few photos of the interior with all the slides in to give you a better idea how it looks.

I meant to weigh the unit last week when it was loaded for our trip, but ran short on time. Our F250 (diesel) averaged 7.9 MPG towing the unit loaded with about 50 gallons of fresh water on board. Coming home this morning with all the holding tanks empty, it averaged 8.4 MPG.

gfvillano
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
So what are ya gonna put in the garage?

Here's the garage loaded with a Kawasaki 610XC Mule and a KFX50 ATV. I think I have enough space left over to squeeze a KFX90 in once the kids are big enough for it.

2BLAZERS
Explorer
Explorer
I thought we'd not use a genny but I've been surprised at how much we actually use it when dry camping for a long ATV riding weekend.
2016 Dodge Ram 3500 CC Dually Cummins,Aisin,Laramie,4*4,4.10,14K
2017 Stealth WA2916 Toyhauler
2011 Arctic Fox 1150 Drybath
2017 Polaris 1000 XP Sportsman
2009 Polaris RZR w/fun parts
2014 Polaris 850 HO Scrambler
1977 K5 Blazer 1ton'd
2005 Pace Enclosed Toybox

marielw824
Explorer
Explorer
KRR: IMHO ... do NOT forgo the generator. Yes w/out will save money & weight ... but come the time you are in an RV park, and they lose all their power ... for 5+ days ... it is invaluable. Happened to us in a BIG snowstorm in Seattle, WA. FYI .... We were buying water because their water was frozen. It was a mess.

KRR
Explorer
Explorer
Not to hijack the OP's topic, but the V-series is on my short list to purchase this spring. I posted on another thread that I'm looking for a toy hauler to haul fishing kayaks and bikes (no quads or anything heavy). I'm hoping to see a V3005 or maybe a V3305 this weekend...

One thing I'm concerned about is access throughout the unit with slides closed. We live on a corner lot in a sub, and much like the picture posted above, we'll need to load/unload in the street as our driveway isn't long enough to back into. Is there any access to the refer/storage with the kitchen slide closed in the 3105/3305, or does the slide need to be opened?

Any real world weights on the 3105/3305? My TV is a 2011 F350 crew cab diesel FX4, payload per sticker is 3500lbs. I really don't see us needing the generator, which would save us on pin weight and $$.

Any other input would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, hoping to see one in person this weekend but I like to hear 'real world' opinions as well.

Cheers!

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
So what are ya gonna put in the garage?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Mike_LA
Explorer
Explorer
Nice rig, Greg.

Mike
--------------------------------------------------------
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/LBZ Duramax
2017 Hyper Lite XLR 26HFS

Previous Trailers:
2003 Aerolite 24RK
2006 Rockwood 3115SS TT
2006 Rockwood 8283SS FW
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24E
2012 Sunnybrook 26FBS

gfvillano
Explorer
Explorer

Our 2013 Voltage V Series 3105 loaded and ready to go last week. Pulled like a dream behind our F250.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Greg, the 3105 is an awesome trailer. We looked at all the toy hauler brands and the 3105 was the best of the bunch. Enjoy it.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE