cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

want to hire a fifth wheel inspector in CT

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
need to hire an inspector near Windsor CT. We are considering a used 30' fifth wheel with a gooseneck but we want to replace with the kingpin. Also concerned as this FW had recent repair work. Please email contact info or suggestions. Thank you!

newbies
4 REPLIES 4

Bmach
Explorer II
Explorer II
I knew just what he wanted! He wants someone to go over the trailer before he buys it, just like you do when buying a house or a boat. Smart thing to do then you can decide to buy it or even negotiate more on the price or walk away.

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
we are wanting to hire an expert to inspect a fifth wheel we are considering buying in middle CT, thanks to all for suggestions!

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have seen a couple of these requests before an the thinking was the OP was talking about RV DOT STATE INSPECTIONs.. That is how most of us answered the request a week or so ago back and no one said any different. I guess most of us kinda know what to look for and why pay someone else to look at the RV's to tell us what we most of the time would already know. Now if there was some other benefit that would help us out it might be something to look into.

There was a guy fishing with the RV market a few weeks back on what folks would think about a RV INSPECTION - looking to start a RV INSPECTION SERVICE up I guess...

Would the RV INSPECTION force the seller to make ammends before selling or are you still on your own with 'Buyer Beware" like the rest of us are...

Not sure what holding a final Inspection report in my hands would do for me haha... Make me go somewhere to buy the trailer I guess or give me Peace of mind for a few hundred dollars I guess if I did buy the trailer... After a hundred miles or so down the road you will pretty much know what you have got into anyway haha... RV's are much like Boats - A money pit...

Then you have to have a great big RV TOOL BOX stocked to the gills with PLAN B items to save you when you are 50 miles back off the beaten path somewhere... The first thing the wife says why didn't you know this would happen before we left on this trip to hell...

Certainly can't win that battle.

Just drinking my morning coffee reading the RV NET posts...
Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
RV Inspection Service
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31