cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washer/Dryer worth it?

keh3491
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I will be purchasing our first 5th wheel soon and going full time. I hear the washer in dryers are pretty small and some people say that’s just an extra thing to keep up with and that could go wrong. It’s just the two of us and our pets so I may do about two loads of laundry a week in a full size washer/dryer. Any one ever had issues with there’s? We are looking to buy a Keystone Montana; either 2019 or new.
34 REPLIES 34

Arcamper
Explorer
Explorer
We don't full time but have separate washer dryer units in our Montana and love them. The only trade off for us is some space but it is not a problem. DW would not be without them in any unit we have in the future so that puts us in the 50% that like them.
2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Love our Slindide2100XC combo. Fulltime 6.5 years and would not be without it. We find that most of the people that bad mouth the combo units are guilty of not reading and following the instruction manual and/or overloading them.

They are not the same as the larger home size units but they do a great job and we don't waste time at the laundry room and filthy machines.

If you boondock, don't use your machine, go to a laundry mat.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Moomba2002
Explorer
Explorer
We live fulltime in our 5th. wheel and have the Slendid stacked washer and dryer and we wouldn't want to be without it! Make sure if you get one to have it vented otherwise drying time is extremley long.
2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 4x4
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k hitch
2017 Columbus 383FB
ExtremeAire 150 PSI 100% Duty Cyle on board air w/4gal. tank

2003 Arctic Fox 1150 loaded except solor

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have a washer/dryer in our 5th wheel but it's prepped for them. We are wintering in Florida for the first time this year and I've asked many people at the resort we're at about their thoughts. It's about 50/50 love it or hate it. Those that love it either are older and don't want to be bothered using the resort laundry facility or they don't want the hassle and added expense of using pay machines (This I don't understand because you can buy a lot of loads of laundry for the cost of those machines). Those that dislike their washer/Dryer all say the same thing. They don't hold much and laundry has to be done just about every day. Because we sometimes boon dock and other times camp where we don't have water hookups and use our Fresh Water holding tank, we chose not to have them.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
After our first Snow Bird attempt of 3 months, we order a Combo Unit on our why back North. That was after a few things were ruined because of grease in the CG machines. Put another Combo in our next unit and now have the two individual units and wouldn't be without them. Do a small load every couple of days, no keeping dirty clothes for a week or more before going to the laundry mat.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint