cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water in when I want it out

klink1
Explorer
Explorer
A few days ago I asked for cheep ideas to fix leaks in the roof of a 5th. wheel but I gave no info. about the 5th so here it is. Now I need advise.
King of the Road, 1997 with slide out couch area, roof has been patched with just about everything. Its under cover now but I need ideas for this spring. I am 67 so the work must be easy or I will have to hire it done. I was thinking about tarring it like they do on houses with flat roofs. I can't see spending $2 or $3k on that old of 5th. infract I don't even know what it is worth, I checked with some places and they were way to high, they say its worth what I paid for it ten years ago. We have kept real good care of it and I think it's worth around $2 or $3k if I could sell it at all.
Cheep ideas needed
8 REPLIES 8

butchfuzion
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely not tar. It will harden and crack.

xPIXx
Explorer
Explorer
You can cover the roof with rubber pond liner. The product they use for water gardens in landscaping.

wski
Explorer
Explorer
I have used dicor and it seems to work. Just clean area and apply the dicor.

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
dicor self leveling sealant around all seams and skylights/vents and eternabond on front and rear seams as a double measure against leaks

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Might try Liquid Roof.....around 60 bucks a gallon. I did that on an older 5ver. Used about 4 gallons and never leaked again and looked brand new.
cpaulsen

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Feel your pain. I'm wondering what to do with a 1990 King of the Road that has a rotted out floor. Rest of it is excellent but the floor is in bad shape due to water leak caused by plumbing leak at a water fitting. It has better carpentry than new ones and would take a fortune to replace. Subscribed to see answers.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
Some have reported success in spraying bed liner on
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population