ret-miner
Explorer
Explorer
What pd torque would it be for 15 inch wheel on my fifth wheel
8 REPLIES 8

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
These guesses around 100 lbs. or so are probably correct. My 16" wheels have a sticker right on the fender for 100 lbs..

If you don't get an accurate response, just do similar to what I did. I bought a set of torque sticks and I keep a cordless impact wrench with us on trips. I check the lugs before every trip we take. Takes about three minutes to do all six wheels.

Fabguy
Explorer
Explorer
3oaks wrote:
icanon wrote:
Read your owners manual it's all there.
Not necessarily. Not all RV manufacturers publish the wheel nut torque specifications.

Could be why the O.P. is asking.

The owners manual packet I got with both of my last 2 trailers included the manual for the axles.

The spec is in that one.
Jeff

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 8.1/Allison/4:10/Prodigy brake controler/Pullrite Superglide
Pulling a 2015 Keystone Cougar 280RLS

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
icanon wrote:
Not necessarily. Not all RV manufacturers publish the wheel nut torque specifications.

Could be why the O.P. is asking.

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
From an etrailer.com chart, it is 90-120 for 15" steel wheels or 90-100 for 15" aluminum wheels. Unless you have a manual that says otherwise.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Not sure what FW you have, or what axle, but I would say 95-100 lb ft. I set my 5200# six lug axle at 95 lb ft.

Jerry

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
I have towed all kind of trailers for over 55 years and have never torqued the nuts on the wheels. Never had one come off or stripped. Yeah I know . I should torque them
samsontdog:o:W

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
110 ft. lbs.