cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my space heater shut down my furnace?

drillagent
Explorer
Explorer
The furnace vents into the tank areas keeping the plumbing from freezing. But the temp sensor for the furnace is located in the bedroom. The furnace isn't very effective at heating anyway, so I need to supplement with the fireplace and space heaters.

How do I run a space heater in the bedroom without shutting down the furnace risking frozen plumbing? Is there a way to switch zones on the Dometic thermostat?
TV: 2012 F250 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel w/air lift suspension
CHU: 2012 Keystone Montana 3750FL
Hitch: B&W Turnover Ball w/ Companion 3500
Family: Me, HH6, a Boston Terrier, a Shiba Inu
17 REPLIES 17

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
I recently changed out our Suburban SF35 furnace to a SF42Q series,night and day diff,super quiet and super efficient.It will heat you out of the place in 20/30 min.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thats what we do. Will set the Propane furnace to kick in if the inside temp drops below 35-40 degrees or so.

Then we run a couple of the oil-filled portable low profile heaters plugged into the 20AMP service at the pedestal using an extension cord running into the trailer.

Using the 20AMP Service does not interfere with the 30A or 50A service you have the trailer plugged into.

We hate the loud BRRR noise the propane heater blower makes and hate to burn up all of my propane. Our oil-filled heaters only go CLICK ever now and then... The oil-filled heaters also do not give off burnt dust smell or have a visible red hot core or flame to deal with. If we need to move some air around we will use the O2OOL 10-inch AC/DC/D-CELL fans sitting behind the heater.

Its better for us to use the camp ground electric then our propane hehe...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Set the t/s to about 80 degrees?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)