cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for good skirting

RockinTCamp
Explorer
Explorer
We travel in the north a lot.. (We are in Illinois now) and we are thinking about buying skirting rather than wasting money each place on whatever insulation we use. Has anyone installed skirting on their own or know anyone in Illinois who will come out and install skirting where you sit?
7 REPLIES 7

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
look for a professional tent and awning shop that will make you a vinyl snap on skirt . Attractive and effective. place a shielded infrared heat lamp with a low temp thermostat controller ( honeywell winter keeper? ) underneath aimed at your waste tanks and dump valves. Power it from a gfci protected outlet on the pedestal, or from one on the outside of your rig.
Heat tape and insulate fresh and waste water hoses. Do not 'trickle' water to keep your fresh water lines from freezing, as it is not only a waste but also a danger of freezing your slinky into a 3" popsicle, then overfilling grey water tank, flooding your rig while you sleep.

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know what make/model fiver you have, but here is what I do until we head out in December.

Ceramic heater in basement, which not only helps keep my convenience center warm but keeps our bathroom floor and most of our bedroom floor warm.

Plug-in heated water hose. 3" PVC pipe for my sewer drain instead of stinky-slinky. I use 3" rubber connections/elbows to make the exact run. You can even wrap it with some insulation and duct tape if you want.

After every black tank dump I start by adding a gallon of RV antifreeze to my black holding tank. When I dump my black tank the only way I rinse it is by dumping buckets of hot water down the toilet, then opening the gate valve again, before closing it and adding the RV AF.

We run two other ceramic heaters inside, both tower types, plus the electric fireplace. During the day we don't run the furnace much, but at night ceramics get turned down and we keep furnace on about 60. Our unit has a duct drop into the underbelly so by running the furnace it helps keep the area around our plumbing and tanks warm.

Anyhow, welcome to Illinois winter camping. This is how we get by without skirting. It was -2 windshield this morning when I got up and so far so good. We are going through about 30 pounds of propane every week right now.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

Pop-Pop_C
Explorer
Explorer
Nix on the hay bales., critters and fire!!!

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto on the hay!

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We used to put bales of hay around the house when I was a kid.

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
We are in central Illinois for another couple weeks. The park we are in will not allow any type of skirting.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!