cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your Rig

RVcrazed51
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to Brad, the Moderator over the Truck Campers forum for his assistance with this thread.

Thanks also to RVcrazed51 for his request for this thread.

Post photos of your Fifth Wheel on this thread. Any photo with a 5er in it is allowable; any brand, any year.

This thread is generally for Fifth Wheel photos only. But feel free to post comments on posted photos.

Because this thread is very long, I will occasionally clean it up by removing the older posts that do not have Fifth Wheel photos and other off topic material. Also, please limit photo width to 640 pixels by using: width=640. Please do not post thumbnail size photos, they are just too small to see.

Register at photobucket.com (free), download your pictures (takes a while), hi-lite and copy the URL, then use the "image" icon to paste the photo URL.

Photo Bucket โ€“ Free photo hosting

Help with posting photos----
> RV.Net Tutorials and Picture related FAQ's

Posting photos Bradโ€™s way

Helpful Thread with good photo hosting information

"Technology Corner" Everything you want to know Technical forum

Netboy's thread on compressing photos

Truth Justice's 2005 Sunny Brook 31BWKS (Triple Slide) and 2005 1-Ton Dodge Quad Cab L/B.

Hi everybody, I'm looking to buy a fifth wheel, hopefully by the end of the year. And I was just wondering if some of you would care to post some pics of your fiver.
RVcrazed51
Zeke
3,401 REPLIES 3,401

Ken_B_
Explorer
Explorer
Man, I just got a sweet deal on a fifth-wheel trailer!! This thing is saweeeeet!! It has all the amenities that a person could want and more. The guy I bought it from said I should get a one-ton pick-up truck to pull it, but I knew better than that. I did some precision modifications to my truck and it pulls it great!! I admit that it took some time, but from the attached pictures you will be able to see that it was well worth the effort!!

Hooked up and ready to fly!! It really smooths out the ride in the truck. I did have to air up the rear tires a bit (around 160 psi)

I added some heavy-duty chain for extra support on the tailgate (note that I used the "Sever-Duty 'S' hooks to attach the chain) I also paid-up for some BIG 5/16 sheetmetal screws to attach the frame to the tailgate. Yeah, I know it's overkill, but I don't want to have any accidents.

Much of my time was spent on the front porch whittling down that MASSIVE 4x4 board to fit precisely into the ball mount receiver. Also note that I used a 14" chunk of 1x4 to distribute the load more evenly--YOU CAN"T BE TOO SAFE, YOU KNOW!! It cost a little more, but you just can't be too safe when pulling a trailer of this magnitude!!

Sweeeeeeeet Ha???
Ken & Sylvia
*2005 29V Arctic Fox (Silver Fox Edition)
*2001 Chevy 2500HD Silverado 4X4 LS Ext. Cab L18 Vortec 8100
*Allison 1000 Series 5-Speed Automatic
*Leer 100XL Shell

M_AM
Explorer
Explorer
Gotta love that "Gangsta Visa"
Not a bad looking truck, for a Frightliner:B
I grew up in a truck, cut my teeth on a 13speed, drove for a while,now I am running field service for Peterbilt in Dallas.
2003 Dodge 3500srw Cummins 6spd
2006 Fleetwood Wilderness 255BH
The two of us and Dozzer...the Labrador
http://www.texasfishingforum.com

BFRD22
Explorer
Explorer
Folks Its a 25 to 27 ft trailer, It will be fine with the 3:55's.
2015 Ram 2500
2005 TERRY 2952BS LIMITED EDITION

Keith4001r
Explorer
Explorer
It seems to me that I can downshift to pull the hills and use the OD to cruise the flats. I burned 18 gallons in 120 miles. Is 6.66666 MPG normal? I can't afford to make it to many hills like that! Again, thanks for the replies.
Keith

DXprowler
Explorer
Explorer
bigdodgeram is absolutely right!! You need those 4:10's for towing especially on the hills! Whatever you do don't change them!
2008 F350 PSD 4x4 XLT S/Cab L/Box
2006 29RLBS Wildcat
Husky 16K w/AirBox, Line-X
Kipor 2000Ti ๐Ÿ™‚

Keith4001r
Explorer
Explorer
bigdodgeram wrote:

man you will be very disapointed with those 3:55's and a gasser!

Well, I know from 21 years on the road that the motor will turn a lot lower with the 3:55 than 4:10, so mileage will have to be much better. Thanks for your reply.
Keith

bigdodgeram
Explorer
Explorer
man you will be very disapointed with those 3:55's and a gasser!
95,Dodge RAM 2500 Club Cab, Red, SLT Laramie 2WD, 5.9 V-8, 46RH Trany. 5th Wheel Hitch & Tailgate. Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller. 1998 Fleetwood 28' Wilderness 5th wheel, 2 legged hitch support.
lovely wife, & Molly & Cassie our black & yellow labs.

Keith4001r
Explorer
Explorer
How do, folks, I'm Keith, the new guy. My wife and I just bought our 1st 5th wheel last week. We couldn't go new, but found a nice older pair. 1996 Ford F250, 460 gasser and 4:10 rear (6.6 mpg!) It was converted to a dually by the previous owner. I have a friend who's located a rear end with a 3:55, so the swap will be on soon! The trailer is a 1993 Coachmen 250RB, and it looks almost new inside and out. We'll be taking it out on a working weekend this weekend. As soon as I can figure out how to post a pic, I will. Any tips for posting with Corel would be appreciated.
Keith

hdbuckwheat
Explorer
Explorer

We tool around in this every time we get a chance.
2005 Raptor 3612 DS
1999 Freightliner FLD120,70" mid roof sleeper, 470 Detroit, 9spd.
2005 Suzuki Vinson.
2006 Suzuki Vinson.
1999 Harley Heritage.
2003 Cobra that wont fit in the TH.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hdbuckwheat

Sportchassis_RV
Explorer
Explorer
Now that Mountain Aire is a cool looking combo. I thought we were heavy when we checked last week at 28000 lbs but you got us by another 9000.
Very nice rig ๐Ÿ™‚
2008 Newmar X-Aire 40CKSH
2007 Freightliner SportChassis RHA 114 330 hp/Mercedes Benz
:B
2003 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 l PSD (hers)
๐Ÿ˜„

mjpeach
Explorer
Explorer
we picked up the new camper on Saturday in the far left side you can see the old one

2001 winnebago journey 36dl 330 cat Allison 3000mh 2013 f150 super crew ecoboost 6.5 box Or 2016 Ford Explorer limited

spkncarl
Explorer
Explorer
Mike&Jamie wrote:
Here is our Rig. We will be taking it on its maiden voyage thie Friday. Will post after trip. Well it seems that I am having a little trouble getting the image here. I will try later.

I tried to post your picture too, but it was too blurry.:h

Mike_Jamie
Explorer
Explorer
Here is our Rig. We will be taking it on its maiden voyage thie Friday. Will post after trip. Well it seems that I am having a little trouble getting the image here. I will try later.
2007 Jayco Eagle 341 RLQS
2003 F-350 Lariat DRW CC LB 4x4 6.0 PSD
B&W Companion Hitch
Wife and 4 German Shepherds - 2 Per Trip

SolidAxleDurang
Explorer
Explorer
All hooked up and ready to go...

Quads in the garage...

Steer axle -> 4,660 lbs
Drive axle -> 6,160 lbs
Trailer axles -> 11,560

Total combined weight -> 22,380 lbs
TV = 15 Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 / CC-LB / CTD / Aisin / 3.42 / 4wd / EBrake
5er = 12 Keystone Avalanche 330RE
Toys = 08 Kawasaki Brutie Force 650i 4x4 ( x2 ๐Ÿ™‚ ) 14 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Brian,

Yes, it is a smart fortwo, federalized by G & K and purchased through Ferantte Mtrs in PA, a Zap dealer.

Not as rich as we look, I've got less than $125k in the whole shebang.

Parking is not too bad, we are 60' long and weigh 37k all loaded with full tanks on the Volvo and half full fresh in the trailer. It sure is nice on the road though.

Dennis
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure