cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody full-timing in an Tiger or Global Exp.Vehicle ?

AlwaysTravelin
Explorer
Explorer
I was kind of set on getting a little A-Frame folding camper but then i started to think about the space issue and getting off the grid.... and the amount of time i will be needing to be living in this vehicle.

i want the solar panels and the privacy of being away from the crowd.
i want something extremely well made... and i am willing to pay for it.

if anyone is full-timing in one of these sturdy beasts.... i would like to hear about it.

also.... i would like hear from anyone that can suggest other manufactures who make really REALLY good vehicles.

this would only be for me.... i dont need more than a single bed and i would like to have a sofa and plenty of light coming in.... and good ventilation.... also.... a decent kitchen

i have started thinking beyond the pop up A frame because i am realizing i am going to be spending MANY more months in the vehicle than i originally thought.

thanks
6 REPLIES 6

DiploStrat
Explorer
Explorer
Tiger doesn't show much at RV shows; simply not worth it. Most RV buyers don't understand what makes a Tiger special and are not interested in paying the higher price.

Tiger and the other brands you mention do show at events like Overland EXPO East, where you should be able to see a Siberian, Malayan, and Bengal.

The Siberian is vey nice, giving you a dry bath, longitudinal queen bed, and an additional cabinet over the Malayan or Bengal models. We looked long and hard at the Siberian but decided that, in the end, it was too long for us.
DiploStrat

===========================

1990 Mercedes Benz 917/XPCamper

TARDIS_TIME_TRA
Explorer
Explorer
There are a 3 or 4 couples Full-timing in their Bengal Tigers That I know of. You can Check them out on the tigerfreeforum.You can see a side by side face-off of the Bengal Tiger & the Maylan Tiger on the forum (lots of photos). One couple traveled for two years from South Carolina to Prudhoe Bay Alaska, from there to the southern tip of South America and back to South Carolina in a Tiger CX (shorter height than the Bengal Tiger). Their Tiger was being refurbished when we picked up our new Bengal Tiger in June 2011. Our longest trip thus far was last year, 97 Days on the road from Virginia to the Arctic Circle and back home, traveling with 2 dogs.
"TARDIS" time travelers
2011 Ford F350 4X4 Super Cab Bengal Tiger
David & Holly Fox
Chesapeake, Va.

AlwaysTravelin
Explorer
Explorer
GENECOP wrote:
The guys at Tiger will do some customizing...The Siberian is very large, depending on how Off the Beaten Path 4 wheeling you want to go the Siberian is on the Big side...The Malayan is about perfect for us....I don't think they will all,be at the Hershey Show.....these guys tend to go to the Overland Explorers types of shows....There are several off road RV forums, just start researching...A Nice Earthroamer used could be had for around 250,000.....

I have to say... its really not about how far i want to go off the beaten path.... its more about having a comfy living space. this is going to be my primary residence for a while and i dont want it cramped. lol so thats why i was asking about the sieberian .
from the pics... it doesnt look that big.

i will have to go down to see them at Tiger.
thanks for your post.

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
The guys at Tiger will do some customizing...The Siberian is very large, depending on how Off the Beaten Path 4 wheeling you want to go the Siberian is on the Big side...The Malayan is about perfect for us....I don't think they will all,be at the Hershey Show.....these guys tend to go to the Overland Explorers types of shows....There are several off road RV forums, just start researching...A Nice Earthroamer used could be had for around 250,000.....

AlwaysTravelin
Explorer
Explorer
GENECOP wrote:
I have looked extensively and visited Tiger Motorhomes.....we will be adding one of these beasts to our fleet....probably the Tiger.....also check out Earthroamer, a bit more costly than Tiger and a real beauty.....Global Expedition Vehicles is also worth a look, high price point as well. I think the Tiger has the best value for the money.....Born Free also built on a 4wd platform but it's not a true Off road camper....one other option is Host, they rep the Outback and also build a 4WD class C that's OK....There are other choices but they get to small to fulltime in IMO....As you do your research you will find the people who spend years and months in them....The Traveling Tortogas for example...good luck...

thanks for your post... i was looking at the Tigers because they seem to be the best choice for not being too big to get around in tight places. i LOVE the Globals and plan to get over to the factory next month for a look.

how does the Tigers biggest model the siberian feel inside ?
can you get a better fridge than what i see in the pics ?

i am going to the Hershey show next week.... i am wondering if Tiger or Global will be there.

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have looked extensively and visited Tiger Motorhomes.....we will be adding one of these beasts to our fleet....probably the Tiger.....also check out Earthroamer, a bit more costly than Tiger and a real beauty.....Global Expedition Vehicles is also worth a look, high price point as well. I think the Tiger has the best value for the money.....Born Free also built on a 4wd platform but it's not a true Off road camper....one other option is Host, they rep the Outback and also build a 4WD class C that's OK....There are other choices but they get to small to fulltime in IMO....As you do your research you will find the people who spend years and months in them....The Traveling Tortogas for example...good luck...