cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

COE Campgrounds

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Do most COE campgrounds accept the senior pass for half off their campgrounds? I have searched different ones but seems like you have to book a site to find this out. We are curious cause when we full time these will be our first choice of stays. Thank you Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
24 REPLIES 24

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
WNYBob wrote:
You have to show the pass when you arrive to verify the rate. We stayed only once at a COE but it was nice and easy.
Note most if not all have a max stay, I think it's 14 days.

Which is why we each have a senior pass. Two separate reservations under different numbers, usually designed so that we go dump and move to a new site for another 10 days or so.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"However, they still honor the cards, and still give half off the camping fees."

Yes, they do John, because they are a full partner in the federal pass program. See at the bottom:

https://www.recreation.gov/showPage.do?name=landing&landing=/htm/interagency/index.jsp
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! So nice to hear! The reason I asked, Indiana does not give discount. We really love the coe campgrounds we have been to. Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
When the original "Golden Age Passport" was redone, COE was not part of the contrace. However, they still honor the cards, and still give half off the camping fees. However, some campgrounds, have additional charges for 50A service or FHU, and do not discount those items, because they are not "campsite fee". So if a campsite is $10, plus $5for 50A, $2 for sewer, you only get a $5 discount. Still a good deal in most cases.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Never been to one that didn't honor it, in the past 17 years, with or without reservations.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We often stay at a COE park in southern OK. They accept the pass. Enter my number when I make on line reservations and they have never asked to see the actual pass. But I am sure they would if I showed up without reservations.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
COE is a full partner in the federal senior pass program.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
You have to show the pass when you arrive to verify the rate. We stayed only once at a COE but it was nice and easy.
Note most if not all have a max stay, I think it's 14 days.

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed at COEs in Florida, Alabama and Georgia. Always get the Senior Pass Discount.
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
As far as I know yes. I always have received 1/2 off rates, at least in florida.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992