cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am HOMELESS!

southernkilowat
Explorer
Explorer
I had a plan, it just didn't work! The original plan was, buying the new RV in mid March, already have the week scheduled to be off and everything. Sell the S&B. Hit the road. Well...so I figured I would be a smart boy, and go ahead and clean out the house down to the bare minimum, so I called the kids and gave them everything they wanted, had a yard sale and got rid of most of the furniture except what I HAD TO HAVE in order to live here. You know, a bed and a chair and a TV. Talk about an empty house! Anyway, cleaned out the barns and outbuildings and moved what I wanted to keep into storage.

I THOUGHT it would take at LEAST two or three months to sell the house. It sold in less than 2 weeks for full asking price! I signed all the paperwork today, I will clean up and clear out the rest of my stuff tomorrow. (That will take an hour TOPS) and at that point, well I am HOMELESS!

I guess I should say HOUSELESS instead of HOMELESS, but you get the idea. Problem is, there is no possible way to take a week off before mid March, so I guess I will be a couch guest at my Daughters for a couple of weeks.

Upside is, quality time with my two grandsons :)!! Do I regret it? NOPE! 🙂
22 REPLIES 22

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
The other upside is that you sold your house quickly at a good price. that can take years.
Jayco-noslide

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
When my daughter's house sold 2 weeks before the closing on her new house, she stayed with us and it was a time that both of us will cherish.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
Let the fun and adventure begin!!!
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
You got lucky. Enjoy!
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats!
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
boom!
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy it!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Sweet.