cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Other single female full-timers?

cannesdo
Explorer
Explorer
I've been on the road 7 years. Haven't met one. I hear there's a few out there.
16 REPLIES 16

DouglasC
Explorer
Explorer
BarbaraOK wrote:
There are lots of women who fulltime solo. Try joining one of the RV groups. Escapees has a BOF (Birds of a Feather) group called SOLOs. We have met several solo women in our travels.

Barb

I 2nd Barbara's suggestion to join the Escapees (www.escapees.com) and their SOLO group. Next winter plan to stop at the Rainbow Plantation - the Escapees park in Summerdale, AL (near Gulf Shores). We have several singles (some widows) who spend the winter here and they would be happy to meet you and have you join their activites. Lots to do here in the park at the clubhouse and in the area.
Doug
2006 Jayco Greyhawk Model 27DS
Towing 2019 Ford Fusion Energi with Brake Buddy

crabbin_cabin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I believe "Women on Wheels" is still around. Try their web site - WOW.com

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
There are lots of women who fulltime solo. Try joining one of the RV groups. Escapees has a BOF (Birds of a Feather) group called SOLOs. We have met several solo women in our travels.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be aware that 'RVing Women' does not mean solo women. Many of them travel in couples.

Personally, I prefer to travel alone but like meeting up with other solo RV-ers from time to time.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
The national umbrella organization, RVingWomen dot com, has a Fulltimers chapter, as well as Solo Women's chapter, and US regional chapters

Many women traveling solo and fulltiming solo don't tend to publicize due the number of freaks out there, actually, everywhere.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Try this site.

https://rvsingles.org

They are a great bunch of singles wandering around the United States and Canada. Many also belong to Escapees RV club. Some also belong to a couple of other singles RV groups.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

murphysranch
Explorer
Explorer
There was a solo at the Chowchilla grounds a couple of weekends ago. Just her, her dog and her cat. I was envious....
Empty nesters
2 cats
2 cattle dogs too!

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
As hosts at a forest park in AL, we met 4 in 1 winter. We also met a mom, adult daughter and kids doing a 3 months trip. Met a couple from Germany bicycling with their 3 small children and touring parts of the USA for the summer. Maybe you haven't stayed in 1 place long enough to meet them. We also met several single males and 2 or 3 couples that were full-time. This all in a small park with only 18 sites.

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the website for a friend of ours, Malia Lane, she's been fulltiming solo for many years now...

Malia
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
lonersonwheels.com
escapees.com/solos
USA Today article on single RVers
Lots more info available from googling single rv.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
I know at least 4. All of them have worked out their systems and rarely if ever need to ask for help.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
Out of the blue I was contacted by a solo female RVer who asked if she could follow me down to Big Bend NP last Christmas. She did and had a great time, and as I talked to her I found out she'd done a solo trip to Alaska last year which included running up the Dalton.

The funny thing was that one of her sons is a police officer and he was worried about her meeting some strange man and following him to Big Bend. LOL

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
In 6 years of part-time and 3 years of nearly full time, I've crossed paths with two.
Larry

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
I know of a couple, they do tend to be "rare-ish"
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.