cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1996 Fleetwood Bounder 36S

stepside454
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like we just bought our second motor home, the deal isn't done but close. Its a really nice 96 Bounder 36 ft single slide , with a 460 & a tag axle. Can anyone share there experience with a simialer unit ? thanks, John
2 REPLIES 2

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
We have treated ours well over the years and it has mostly done the same for us. As with any older unit, you will have some upkeep. The brakes seem to wear rather quickly but that could be all our trips to the mountains. We put about 5k per year on it and live in it half the time. The 16" tires don't seem big enough but are great($) when you need a new set! I plan on DW and me using it many more years because it does not have one of the extras that newer ones have, PAYMENTS!!
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

Nick-B
Explorer
Explorer
My motorhome has the same chassis. 36' Ford 460 w/tag axle.

Once I took care of a couple issues I feel it is good platform.

The factory exhaust is very restrictive and prone to manifold leaks. Headers and a low restriction exhaust really woke up the power level.

The brakes needed to be completely gone thru and the tag axle brakes required some real detective work to locate parts but now they work well too.

There are several of us here that have experience with these chassis and can help with any issues you may encounter.

Best of luck with the Bounder.
Nick
1995 Coachmen Santara MB360 w/slide
F53/460 chassis w/tag