cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2001 DP Laundau by Georgie Boy

ugh
Explorer
Explorer
My family and I missed going camping, so we want to go back to camping. I figure that we may camp between 4 to 6 times a year. Maybe 1 to 2 times will be a week long of camping and the rest will be long weekend of camping.

Common sense dedicate that travel trailer with a bunk bed suits us perfect as there are 5 of us. I already have an old F250 sporting a V-10. However, as I was looking on internet for TT, I came across a 2001 DP Laundau with 275 Cummins on freightliner chassis with a asking price of 25K. It has 100K miles and it appears to be taken care of. I once had a old class A with For chassis and I hated the way it drives. Excessive steering play and poor braking power. I also owned a fifth wheel camper, which we don't want this time.

Now that I saw this, I want to know more about the company who built motorhome and the chassis and the engine before we either look into it or move on and continue look for a TT.

Anything should I know about 2001 DP Laundau with 275 Cummins on freightliner chassis? Or should I stick with TT? Any feedbacks, suggestions, etc. will be appreciated.
---------------------------------
2001 F250 5.4 3.73
2015 Wildwood X-Lite 262BHXL
3 REPLIES 3

msturtz
Explorer
Explorer
We have owned the following setups:
1969 Terry 23'
2004 Jayco JayFlight 29 BHS
2014 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS
2014 Thor Palazzo 33.3

I can tell you that travel by experience that travel by Motorhome is much more enjoyable than TT. We have a family of 5: two 18th month olds, a 9 year old, my wife and I. If my 23 year old son comes it makes 6.
Diesel pusher motorhomes can last a very long time if well cared for. Do a careful inspection.
FMCA member

glamisorbust
Explorer
Explorer
My '99 Holiday rambler endeavor has the 275hp cummins and freightliner chassis. I absolutely love it. The power is great, the handling brakes and air ride even better. I would buy it again in a second.

I rented a DP similar to the one you're looking at a few years ago. It was a nice unit with lots of great features. I think it had the 330 CAT though. I also owned a 1994 georgie boy pursuit on the P30 chevy chassis and a 454. It was very underpowered, and at 28ft it felt cramped. But, the unit itself was built pretty well. Hope this helps.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38'. Cummins ISB 275, allison 3060.
Toys pulled: 22x8.5 open deck PJ flatbed. 5200# axles. Sand car with ecotec engine. Multiple 1980's ATC's(3 wheelers). We're duners!

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
Georgie Boy was built in Edwardsburg, MI; just North of Elkhart. A few years back they were sold to Coachmen. They built a pretty nice entry level MH and apparently sold a ton of them in the area because almost every other driveway in the area has one parked in it.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford