Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2001 Holiday Rambler DP 34' with 80K miles

gabriela
Explorer
Explorer
Hello RVers:

I am a first-time RV buyer who is planning on attending 2014 Hershey RV show. I am also looking at a 2001 HR Ambassador DP 34' with 2 slides and 80K miles from a private seller. Haven't seen it yet, but the photos and description sound good. Does anyone own this and how do you like it?

I am looking at all recall issues, some of which are serious involving tranny, refrig fires, etc. How does one know if the recall notice was acted upon? Would it be on the CARFAX report? I don't just want to take seller's word for it--I want it officially recorded somewhere that such-and-such work was done to address the recall issue.

Second, I understand that Monaco is no longer in existence. Has this caused problems with parts, support, etc., for HR owners?

Thanks for any advice. I am watching a lot of videos on how to drive an RV on youtube. Also have watched and read many things about RVs since about May when I got the RV bug.

Sincerely, Gabriela
2 REPLIES 2

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, if the coach meets you other needs and you subtract for the new trailing arms and or radiator, I do not see an issue.

The exception would be if there is coolant in the transmission, which would lead to adding a transmission to the list.

An ex-Monaco engineer has a whole cottage industry upgrading their products with high quality replacements: http://www.rv-chassis.com/
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

gswcgi
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 2003 Monaco Product, a Safari DP. Monaco had some issues with a number of their product lines from 2001 to 2004 particularly with the RR4R chassis. They are leaking radiators on rear radiator pushers and trailing arms. They did a recall on the trailing arm issue but it wasn't adequate. So, check to see if you have corrected trailing arms, they are heavier duty. If you have an aluminum radiator run don't walk!!
'03 Safari, DP, 36" Nissan 4X4 toad