cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2003 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE 36 PED

Lurker52
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering this unit. I really like the floor plan. I do realize it is older but it would work for us. The price is right. I ran a carfax and no big issues. It has had 3 owners. I figure that is about average for the year.

It has about 56k miles. Workhorse power train.I know I will have to and plan to put some money into it and I am good with that. I will go through the motor and do belts hoses and fluid as needed. Tires are about 6 years old. May I can get another year out of them. They are Michelins.

Southern RV in Deland fl. They say it has an Allison transmission. Does anyone know how I can check this? I have the Vin #

I found a little water damage around the front driver's and passengers seats on the floor. Nothing to bad and it appears the windows were leaking. They have be caulked and seem to be OK now.

I am going to pull all the flooring and replace it so I can attend to any floor issues then.

So hear is my big (maybe) concern. When I got on the aluminum roof it looked in good shape except near the living room slide. The roof is curved where it transitions from the roof to the side walls, also aluminum. The roof near the slide flexed some near the edge.

I have been on several rigs with bad roofs but none of them were HR aluminum roofs. It does not act like a typical bad roof leak. It just flexes no crunching or cracking sound of bad plywood. All of the caulk seems in good shape with no obvious problems.

So I am wondering if maybe this is by design. It seems as if maybe the plywood was purposely cut a few inches short of the edge and the aluminum rapped around to the wall. Maybe to allow the slide to close?

There is no sign of leaking on the inside. I opened all the cabinet doors and felt and pushed up on the ceiling to see if there was any flex or crunching of rotting material. The ceiling is the padded vinyl and looks very good through out the RV.

If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. Also how I can determine if it has an Allison tranny.

Overall nice RV for the year and as I said would work well for us with some upgrades to bring it into the 21 century.

Thanks for the help
3 REPLIES 3

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Send a sample of the trans fluid to an authorized Allison shop that can analyse it and they will give you a idea of the condition of fluid and any metals or debris in the oil. Only about a $20.00 fee.

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
I'd go over here an ask the same questions on the IRV2 vintage RV form http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/

Safe travels

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
If the engine is a gas 8.1 it should have the Allison 1000.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110