cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2003American Tradition 40 U

dreamerman54
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning folks, I am looking at an American Tradition 40U. It looks new( stored inside), has 38,000 miles. The owner is asking 80,000$. I did a quick walk thru. DW & I are going back Friday to look closer. Any thoughts or anything I need to look out for?
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Traditions are nice coaches. Well made and well appointed. Also, excellent tech service from American Coach.
2014 American Eagle

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have an 03 Excursion and it has been a great RV, The Tradition being much more upscale is very nice! Perhaps 03 was good year for American Coach as well. Price sounds great for that coach. I'd still try to bargain. Curious as to why the low mileage? Did it sit awhile?
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

eheading
Explorer
Explorer
The Tradition is a very nice coach. We had a 2000 Tradition that we put over 90,000 miles on in 5 years. Had VERY few problems with it. We were very happy with it. The only weakness we had was we had to be careful with the 3 jacks. It is fairly easy to crack a windshield if you don't put the front jack down first, and raise the coach some with that before dropping the rear jacks - even if the front is high! In 2004, I believe, they went to the Liberty chassis and 4 jacks and that ended the windshield cracking problem.

Ed Headington