cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005 Fleetwood Bounder 34F installing ceiling Speakers

dnnsmrgn
Explorer
Explorer
My unit only has 4 speakers 2 up front at driver an passenger area and 2 in rear over bed.
I wish to add 6 more in ceiling down through center, does any one know the construction of ceiling? I know it is 6 inches thick and feel it will have some insulation but not 6 inches of it . Thinking I could install speakers and snake wire thru it.. But AFRAID to cut holes until I know more.
Any info will be appreciated
7 REPLIES 7

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
dnnsmrgn wrote:
Explained improperly , it is 6inches from ceiling to roof per Fleetwood specs ,but does not mean it is solid void . I assume there is probably 2-3 inches(hopefully insulation)after that unknown , at least to me.

I myself would not cut into the ceiling, but if you must than go ahead, running the speaker wire thru the ceiling is not going to be easy, I have a Bose sound box and that fills the whole rv with sound and no need to install speakers through out rv..

dnnsmrgn
Explorer
Explorer
Explained improperly , it is 6inches from ceiling to roof per Fleetwood specs ,but does not mean it is solid void . I assume there is probably 2-3 inches(hopefully insulation)after that unknown , at least to me.

Deano56
Explorer
Explorer
dnnsmrgn wrote:
My unit only has 4 speakers 2 up front at driver an passenger area and 2 in rear over bed.
I wish to add 6 more in ceiling down through center, does any one know the construction of ceiling? I know it is 6 inches thick and feel it will have some insulation but not 6 inches of it . Thinking I could install speakers and snake wire thru it.. But AFRAID to cut holes until I know more.
Any info will be appreciated
I highly doubt you have a 6" thick ceiling to roof, that would be great, if so

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
The ceiling is not a good choice, where you need to install new speakers is under the cabinets, you can also run new speaker wire's thru the cabinets and hide them in the back, also adding more speakers also means a new stereo system with a high amp to push that music to all those speakers..

I did this once before but is was on a older class C, but it did sound good and music all over the place, kids loved it but neighbors at camp grounds did not..

OnaQuest
Explorer
Explorer
Your Mh will not have any "space" in the ceiling for threading wires through. ALL existing wiring is run along the edge of the ceiling.

Install the speakers along the edge of the ceiling and hide the wires behind the molding where wall meets ceiling.

On most radio systems, you can't simply add speakers to the existing system without degrading the sound or damaging the output stages of your radio. Not all speakers are the same impedance and you can't simply add/mix additional speakers anyway.

I installed an inexpensive surround sound system and installed the speakers in each corner of the front living space by running the wires as I described above. It looks and sounds great.

dnnsmrgn
Explorer
Explorer
There are no speaker cut outs in ceiling, but will pull duct vents to look but assumed it was a plenum setup so it wasn't cooling ALL of ceiling area...but will check.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check the cutout for the speakers you have, or if you have duct vents they come out for cleaning. Most less than a 1/2 inch with a lot of space. Just info. Don't cut cause they just lay the wires up there and you might cut threw a lot of them.