Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2006 Forest River Tsunami - thoughts?

dchurch
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all -

It's been a long time ...........sold my last toy hauler about 5 yrs ago. I miss camping !

This time around, I thinking about a Class A diesel for my next purchase. Trying to keep my budget around $100k.

Love to hear opinion on this FR Tsunami.. see link:

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/rvs/4778085070.html

I've not seen it in person, since it's 3 hours away. Owner seems motivated - I was thinking value around $90 to 95K assuming it checks out with no issues. Note - it's going to need tires.

Thanks for your help
6 REPLIES 6

dchurch
Explorer
Explorer
JimM68 wrote:
wouldn't touch it.
Monaco / newmar
Fleetwood / Itasca

or keep it.

Now that I looked at the add, it doesn't say much...

There are no diesel pusher toy haulers, they do not and never have existed.
The rear engine diesel chassis is far to high to allow a toy hauler configuration.

There were some mid-engine diesel configurations, these were serious orphans, I wouldn't dream of getting one serviced today, tho I's love to own one, had they ever become mainstream...
The other's were the FRED's. Front engine diesels on leaf springs and juice brakes, as in everything you ever hated about your gasser, with a noisy diesel between your legs to boot!

Toy haulers will be front engine Ford F53 units.... You will either like them or hate them, depending on how new they are, and how long you spend in the drivers seat.

Not sure I'm following you. My mention of toyhauler was in reference to my previous ownership of Fuzion toyhauler.

I'm looking for feedback on the specific FR Tsunami unit and motor / trans set up

Thanks

dchurch
Explorer
Explorer
gemert wrote:
I would want to see a whole lot more pics than that to drive 3 hours for a forest river.

I agree - the owner has sent me a lot of pics. Per pictures its look nice.

Really looking to see if anyone on the forum has direct experience with unit model.

Thanks

dchurch
Explorer
Explorer
2bzy2c wrote:
It looks like he/she has been trying to sell it for quite some time.
Here is an AD from November

Yes - that is want I thought - it's been on market for awhile - possible to get better price

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
wouldn't touch it.
Monaco / newmar
Fleetwood / Itasca

or keep it.

Now that I looked at the add, it doesn't say much...

There are no diesel pusher toy haulers, they do not and never have existed.
The rear engine diesel chassis is far to high to allow a toy hauler configuration.

There were some mid-engine diesel configurations, these were serious orphans, I wouldn't dream of getting one serviced today, tho I's love to own one, had they ever become mainstream...
The other's were the FRED's. Front engine diesels on leaf springs and juice brakes, as in everything you ever hated about your gasser, with a noisy diesel between your legs to boot!

Toy haulers will be front engine Ford F53 units.... You will either like them or hate them, depending on how new they are, and how long you spend in the drivers seat.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
I would want to see a whole lot more pics than that to drive 3 hours for a forest river.
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
It looks like he/she has been trying to sell it for quite some time.
Here is an AD from November
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.