cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 Holiday Rambler 40PDQ How to start the Air Conditioners

Roscodude77
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 40' Rambler by Monaco and can't figure out how to start the air conditioners. There is no power to the panel that controls the air conditioners and turning on the power switch does nothing. I also cannot figure out how to turn on the back up camera and the water pump. The batteries are turned on. Do I need to have the 4 slides all the way out before the air conditioner control gets power.
Just a guess.Any direction someone has sure would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
https://www.holidayrambler.com/owners/support/owner-manuals

Follow the link and input your model for the owners manual. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
https://www.monacocoach.com/resources/media/manuals/2006_Signature.pdf

Page 124 describes your AC operation system. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Do you have the owners manual?
2. NO RV requires the slides to do anything for the roof AC's to operate
3. I will assume you have a Dometic WALL LCD tstat?
4. The AC system controls require 12 volts to operate. It takes 120 volts to run the roof top units. Even if NO 120 to the RV, the Tstat and controls will still function.
5. Usually on motorhomes, the FRONT upper AC control board sends power to the wall tstat. Now, that front AC MUST have a 12 volt power source. On Monaco products, they had 3 places that may supply that 12 volt power. In the mid bath in an overhead will be a 12 volt fuse panel with about 8 fuses. They sometimes used one of those fuses to power the AC system.
6. The other location is in the rear by the 120 breakers and there will be a 12 volt fuse panel.
7. The last location will be outside up front in front of the LF tire in the first drivers side storage compartment. You will see a very large circuit/fuse panel but there should be a schematic on the door telling you where each circuit is and what it does. Doug

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you on shore power ? Is the generator running? AC needs 110 volts.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Assume the “ power switch “ is the sliding switch on the bottom of the Tstat which turns on the 12V power. Water pump switching is 12 V power. Backup camera is 12V. Sounds like you’re house batteries are dead or turned off. Do the lights inside work? Is the power switch by the door turned of… may have a cover that makes it hard to activate?
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lets start with the back up camera. Are you wanting it on while just siting or with motor running. If just sitting I do not believe it will come on. As for when coach is running a lot more info is needed to help, the model of display that type of thing.

No the slide does not need to be out for ac to work.

The remaining items. Are you plugged into shore power or not? Do any of the 12v items work, i.e. lights that type of stuff. My first thought was the battery disconnect switch was in the off position. Then I re-read and you said the batteries were turned on. When you move the disconnect switch do you hear a clicking sound? If not maybe the switch is bad.

You most likely have more than one switch for the water pump. does it work from any of the switches? There is an in line fuse somewhere near the pump that may not be any good.

Good Luck
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly