Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 Monaco LaPalma gas

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
Looking at a 2006 Monaco LaPalma with 30k miles on a Ford chassis. I have had 5th wheels for many years but have decided to go to a class A so this is my first one. Looking for opinions good and bad from those of you who know something about this coach and/or chassis.Cosmetically it is very nice inside and out. This particular coach floor plan suits us and the price is budget friendly. Thanks.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)
11 REPLIES 11

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2004 La Palma and everything Monaco built on it has held up extremely well.

We have the Chevy W22 8.1 engine.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
does it have 22,866 miles on it? In 06 there will be a sticker either in the closet or behind a cabinet door will the CCC. Anything less than 1500 lbs will limit how much stuff you can put in it for the amount of time you plan on using it.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
wtmtnhiker wrote:

It was built in May 2005 so I think it's a 2005 chassis rolled out as a 2006. It does have the Triton eng and the 5 spd trans with O.D.

Wow that's a close call, could be the 04/05 chassis also, have you confirmed the Tow-Haul mode on the dash, that way you can be for sure..

Just to let you know Ford never really made a 2005 chassis, they just carried over the 2004 into 2005 while they were updated the plant for the new improved 2006 with the 5 speed and 3 valve V-10.

It does have the Triton V-10 and the 5spd trans with tow/haul. The UVW is 20600, GVW 22000 and gcvw is 26000

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Fellow snowbirds have owned a gas Monaco LaPalma for about six years and like the coach. They seem to love the layout, and the only problems I've heard they had was a tire blow out this winter on their way down. Can't remember if it's a Ford or Chev.
There’s no fool, like an old fool.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
wtmtnhiker wrote:

It was built in May 2005 so I think it's a 2005 chassis rolled out as a 2006. It does have the Triton eng and the 5 spd trans with O.D.

Wow that's a close call, could be the 04/05 chassis also, have you confirmed the Tow-Haul mode on the dash, that way you can be for sure..

Just to let you know Ford never really made a 2005 chassis, they just carried over the 2004 into 2005 while they were updated the plant for the new improved 2006 with the 5 speed and 3 valve V-10.

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
wtmtnhiker wrote:
It is the 06 Chassis with the tow-haul

Than that is what you want than, not the older chassis, are you sure its the 2006 chassis, have you confirmed this because many motorhomes have a year older chassis, its normal.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
wtmtnhiker wrote:

Than that is what you want than, not the older chassis, are you sure its the 2006 chassis, have you confirmed this because many motorhomes have a year older chassis, its normal.

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
LVJ58 wrote:
wtmtnhiker wrote:
Hi all,
Looking at a 2006 Monaco LaPalma with 30k miles on a Ford chassis. I have had 5th wheels for many years but have decided to go to a class A so this is my first one. Looking for opinions good and bad from those of you who know something about this coach and/or chassis.Cosmetically it is very nice inside and out. This particular coach floor plan suits us and the price is budget friendly. Thanks.

Just curious, why do you have a duplicate post on the same coach:@

Cause I'm old (and in the way most of the time)

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
wtmtnhiker wrote:
Hi all,

Just curious, why do you have a duplicate post on the same coach:@
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Does it have the 06 Ford chassis or the 04/05 Ford chassis ?

It will have a 5 speed if its the 06, you can tell by turning on motor and pushing the knob on end of shifter and see if it lights up on dash that says Tow-Haul mode.

As far as I am concerned is it being the 06 chassis that is better, it has the 5 speed trans and the 3 valve V-10 with better HP and torque than the older 04/05 chassis.