cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 newmar

Greg1
Explorer
Explorer
I hope i am not in the wrong are for the question for the rules ect but im sure someone will take it down if not here is my question anyone give me a idea what a 2006 newmar 45 ft DP loaded with more options than you would really nead 21500 miles new michelin rubber marble porcelin floors all the extras looks like show room in and out never set out always in heated storage no salt up north or south how much is this unit worth any ideas ??
17 REPLIES 17

nemo45
Explorer
Explorer
Medico wrote:
I am more interested in the wholesale value. That is what most dealers work with. I suspect the wholesale is about $200K, perhaps a little under.

I am surprised with the NADA average retail for the Essex. My 2006 CC Magna has a wholesale value in the $265K range and the original MSRP price on the Magna and the Essex were about the same.

You can get a one day free trial for NADA and find out the wholesale value. After that you'll have to buy it. Otherwise you'll just get the average retail and trade in value. You're right though, its the wholesale value that the dealers work with, both on the unit they are selling and the trade if there is one. And, extras don't mean a thing to them on either unit.
Don Niemeyer
2006 Gulf Stream Tour Master T40A
2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 Toad

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Medico wrote:
Executive wrote:
Since you've already bought the coach, just wondering why you're interested in the value NOW....:h:h:h.....Dennis

This was hypothetical. When I was shopping I was much more interested in the wholesale value, and I mentioned this so the OP could also consider this. Wholesale value is what dealers talk about. No one talks retail value in these transactions.

Medico, my post was directed at the OP !!! HE ALREADY OWNS THE COACH! I was wondering why he was interested in the wholesale price of a coach HE already OWNS...:h....sorry for the confusion....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Medico wrote:
I am more interested in the wholesale value. That is what most dealers work with. I suspect the wholesale is about $200K, perhaps a little under.

I am surprised with the NADA average retail for the Essex. My 2006 CC Magna has a wholesale value in the $265K range and the original MSRP price on the Magna and the Essex were about the same.

I work for a RV dealer. NADA is NOT ever considered at the Dealership level for getting an accurate figure for a RV. According to our Sales Dept, NADA has no real accurate figure for RV's. NADA is ALWAYS way higher than the actual trade or sale figure. Doug

I just plugged in the same Essex. Here is what NADA stated
MSRP---$514,000
Average retail $266,000
Low wholesale $221,440

Now, look at what REAL dealers are selling for. The exact same Essex in Arkansas, that the OP may have purchased, is RETAIL from that dealer----$199,555. Does that look anything CLOSE to what NADA states???? Of course NOT. NADA is a lot of BS.

Medico
Explorer II
Explorer II
Executive wrote:
Since you've already bought the coach, just wondering why you're interested in the value NOW....:h:h:h.....Dennis

This was hypothetical. When I was shopping I was much more interested in the wholesale value, and I mentioned this so the OP could also consider this. Wholesale value is what dealers talk about. No one talks retail value in these transactions.
GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655, FMCA #F431170

2006 Country Coach Magna, 2012 Jeep Liberty

diveman52
Explorer
Explorer
There's and 07 on crankyape.com that did not sell in the last auction.
It's at buy it now for $131000.00.
http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp?pg=DispSingleItem&ItemNumber=43757
40+ Years in Electrical construction.
Retired IBEW Local 595
Every Days Saturday
2008 Newmar Dutch Star 4035

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
This 2005 Newmar Essex sold for $162K in May.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
I would say real wholesale is well below 200k.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Medico
Explorer II
Explorer II

GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655, FMCA #F431170

2006 Country Coach Magna, 2012 Jeep Liberty

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Multiple factors involved. How much you are will to pay, how much the seller is willing to loose, location, demand, your negotiating skills, and so on.

NADA and others are a very rough guide concerning pre-owned but you can use them as what your home state may charge you if you live in an area with personal property taxes. Insurance and banks will uses the published guide to determined value. Sounds like a real find if you can get what you want concerning price. You'll have a hard time moving into something better.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Probably worth $199,555.00.:B
It is worth what YOU think it is worth. TOO many variables regardless of in storage. There may be lots of items that do not work. Essex models had a LOT of electronic bells and whistles that are very expensive to maintain and fix. For instance, just 1 holding/water tank sending unit will cost about $800 if that model still has the E Plex monitor system which was still in use in 2006. The E plex monitor in the overhead cabinet was about $1600 and the remote in the bedroom was about $1200 a few years ago. I would go over the unit with a fine tooth comb and verify ALL functions operate to specs. I just looked at the pics from the Arkansas dealer and it does have the E plex system. Verify ALL functions of the E plex works. Doug

dverstra
Explorer
Explorer
Midway RV in Grand Rapids ,MI has a 2004 Essex 4502 listed at $160,000.
http://www.midwayrvcenter.com/rv/grand+rapids+mi/newmar+classadiesel/650/newmar+essex+4502
Not sure if that helps
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2013 Honda CRV
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer - Sierra Leone

justlou
Explorer
Explorer
NADA Average Retail $266,400.
justlou
2006 Monaco Diplomat
2014 Honda CR-V AWD

Greg1
Explorer