cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2007 FRED DRIVELINE VIBRATION FIX

GULFSTREAMER37
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All, on my first trip to FL back in December I noticed a driveline vibration which at first sounded like a tire but tires checked out Perfect.

I discovered this driveline vibration started at 62 and ended at 72 mph.

On my second trip in April, I was pulling my Race car trailer and the Vibration was considerably worse but same speeds affected the vibration.

I attempted to have it repaired in Memphis 1350.00 later it was same, needless to say they got charged back.

After arriving home I started investigating the vibration my self working with a Friend at Camerota Truck Parts, here in CT.

I brought them all 4 shafts, and they proceeded to rebuild and balance them, I reinstalled them and the vibration was better but still there.

Further investigation brought me to Dana spicer corporation Dealer help, they provided me with a link for Drive line Analysis Program found Here.

DRIVELINE ANALYSIS PROGRAM

With the vehicle loaded on flat ground I proceeded to take all the measurements required for the Program.

the Program revealed that the Differential Pinion angle was the culprit and naturally the more load you put on it the worse this angle gets.

Yesterday I removed the spring seats between the differential and the leaf spring, put them in my bridgeport and milled 2 Degrees out of the 5 degree angle to roll the pinion down 2 degrees.

I am happy to report the Driveline vibration is Now Fixed and FRED is Smooth As Silk rolling down the Highway at any speed.

I wanted to share this story and the link that fixed my problem.

Below you will find the before and after results of the analysis changing the shims by 2 degrees.

The Idea is to have results as close to Zero as Possible, so even though the as received were within acceptable range it still caused a problem.

I JUST NOTICED THERE IS A TYPO IN THE RESULTS, WHERE IT SAYS TO BE BELOW 300 AND 1000, IT SHOULD SAY BELOW 3.0 AND 1000 RESPECTIVELY

Ted.

sjholt
Explorer
Explorer
Great work Ted..
Skip
1996 32' Monaco Windsor DP
Cummins 5.9L 230+ HP
5 Airbags in front- 4 in back