cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2008 Coachmen Cross Country 383 FWS - Manual

lakebum
Explorer
Explorer
We are taking delivery of our first Class A next week, paperwork completed and dealer is prepping. (we negotiated a new electric awning in the deal) This is our 4th RV (Pop Up, Travel Trailer and 5th Wheel) but our first USED RV.

The salesman doesn't seem to know too much about the operation of the unit, but it is on a Freightliner chasis with Cumins diesel and only 28k miles so we figured we should be good.

After completely the loan papers signing off on everything and giving our deposit we asked to see the unit again and the steps would not come down. My wife, said "it is already starting..." meaning the problems. But with my limited knowledge I discovered the switch to cut the steps on and off, after we had to physically climb up in the unit...

The wife is nervous about purchasing a used RV but it will be more difficult not really knowing how to properly operating the unit. With generator, shore power, LP, batteries, etc, appliances, HVAC, etc. Just so much to take in and do not want to learn the hard way.

Another question, we had was in researching Coachmen didn't make a FWS before 2009, but the unit is listed as a 2008.

Where can I get more information, manuals, guidance, etc....

So many questions, so little money....

Ken & Janice
South Hill, Virginia
2 REPLIES 2

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to a manual Manual

They have a lot of manuals at coachmenrv.com
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations! It looks like a very nice unit from the picture.

Probably the coach is a 2009 motorhome built using a 2008 chassis. It should be titled, etc. as a 2009, but sometimes states or state employees get confused by the 2008 VIN number and the paperwork ends up being incorrect. You should be able to get it corrected; whether it's worth the effort or not is your own decision.

At least if my Coachmen class C is any indication, their manual is better than some but still quite generic and written for many different models. It might not have told you where the switch for the stairs was located. Included with my manual were documentation for all the individual appliances and other odds and ends that make up the motorhome. Most of those you probably can find online if you need them.

While it may seem overwhelming when you look at everything all together, it's really not as complicated as it appears at first because most of the systems work more or less in isolation from each other. You can learn things one at a time.