cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2008 Four Winds Hurricane 30Q Class A

kenrhilbert
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for information about an 2008 Four Winds Hurricane 30Q Class A that I am looking to purchase. Any issues with the model that I need to address. Looking for good and bad.
2 REPLIES 2

ddndoug
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2009 Hurricane 33T which is a little different, but really the only problem I have with it is the fake-leather material on the seating surfaces is separating. And yea, it's a very common issue.

Doug
2009 Four Winds Hurricane 33T
F53 Ford Chassis w/Triton V-10

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 30Q is probably the most basic class A you can find. Not having slides can be a down check for some potential buyers while others seek them out. In general being a basic and simple coach keeps the reliability and functionality high. Items such as the fridge, HAVC, potable water systems, and such are no different then what you will find on more expensive rigs.

My coach is two years older and one model up but pretty close in chassis, general construction and amenities. Probably the biggest problem to check for is delamination anywhere in the side walls and roof leaks at the seams. Check carefully around the below floor storage doors for soft spots. Roof sealants should be soft with no cracks or splits. The production line does a bare bones job of sealing the coach during construction and there are a lot of places for potential water to get in.

Maintenance records will be a bonus and learn how to read tire date codes. Suspect the tires will be original and should be considered for replacement. No real problems with the chassis just leave the spark plugs alone. There are a few chassis maintenance items that are based on time OR mileage what should have been accomplished even if the coach was only driven 2000 miles.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53