cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2008 Monaco 30' - handling issues

myroyce
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Monaco Monarch, 30 feet on a Ford chassis. Is this the F-53 chassis? If so, I would like to improve the handling and ride quality. What has worked for you?
Thank You.
6 REPLIES 6

cjd10
Explorer
Explorer
I have done the CHF on mine. That side to side roll decreased drastically on mine after only doing the front.
Clyde and Elaine
2014 Georgetown 351DS by Forest River
2 Boston Terriers 1 French Bulldog
Rest in Peace Toby

etrippe
Explorer
Explorer
topflite51 wrote:
Do has Brett has suggested, then follow up with the Cheap Handling Fix. You can read about it HERE. It involves simply adjusting the Sway Bar mounts for most. Then you can really start spending money if not satisfied!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜›

Have you done the fix? I have been reading about this and wondering if it is for our rig. (2006 F53, 22,000 lb chassis) My only complaint is the side to side roll we get when driving slowly in and out of parking lots and onto roads with changing crowns. (We have had all 4 corners weighed and we are in balance and tire pressure is good). We get so much roll that dishes are moving around. We live in our rv and I have limited tools and space to do this fix myself so I was thinking of having a local truck tire store or rv repair facility do it for me.

as always,
thanks for your thoughts

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
Do has Brett has suggested, then follow up with the Cheap Handling Fix. You can read about it HERE. It involves simply adjusting the Sway Bar mounts for most. Then you can really start spending money if not satisfied!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

Camper_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Have a look at
hendersonslineup.com

Lots of good info. I had them install an additional rear sway bar, rear trac bar, heavier front sway bar, and Koni FSD shocks. Tremendous improvement.

Ken
2016 Itasca Navion 24J

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
What chassis?

What GVWR?

How long is your wheelbase?

If it is a gas engine Ford based motorhome, then class A will always be the F-53 chassis.

Yes axle weights is very important too. . . You might have a huge weight difference between drivers and passenger sides, due to slide out weight, or something. Sometimes the left front tire is over it's weight capacity, leading to handling problems. . .

Good luck!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it is the most current generation of the Ford F53.

Start by weighing the axles or better, the individual wheel positions. Let us know what your axle weights are and also your GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Ratings) from the sticker that is usually near the driver's area.

Then go to your tire manufacturer's website and look up the PSI for your actual axle weights. All tires on an axle to have the same PSI based on the heavier side. Most of us add 5 PSI to what the chart says (it gives the MINIMUM PSI for a given weight). I mention this first, as you could spend a fortune trying to improve ride, and if your tires are 25 PSI overinflated for your actual load, you are wasting your $$. Start with the basics.

Please be more specific about what you want to change/improve-- as there ARE some excellent suspension upgrades, but there is NO silver bullet that cures everything.

If you will be at the FMCA Convention next week in Redmond, OR, come to my Suspension-- Coach Ride & Handling Seminar:

Suspension Seminar Thursday, 9:45 am in Seminar 4 This seminar will be webcast on FMCA's website.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/