cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2010 Fleetwood Pulse 24D diesel

rgreenb831
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are new to RVing and are close to purchasing a single-owner, used 2010 Fleetwood Pulse 24D diesel with 17000 miles. Does anyone have one of these units and has it performed well? Any problems?

Rgreenb831
13 REPLIES 13

Papa_Don
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 Fleetwood Pulse and really enjoy it. I have 23000 miles on mine. Just had to replace tires due to age. Also currently having a refrigerator problem. Normal stuff I think. I generally drive around 65 mph on the road and get 15 to 16 mpg. I don't regret anything about the purchase. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
B4me wrote:
THank you, Wayne.

I know different is different and opinions are subjective, but I wonder, of those features you mentioned, which is *better*. For example, I would consider more basement storage and a passthrough better, as well as swivel front seats.

You will need to compare storage based on floorplan as they tend to vary. With the Winnebago the storage changes depending on year too. In 2011 a big change was made and in late 2011 or so more storage was gained in one of the outside bins when the DEF tank got smaller.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
B4me wrote:
Dakzuki wrote:
Fleetwood uses rubber roofs. Winnebago uses fiberglass.

Thank you. For the n00bs, what are the implications?

Rubber roofs are less expensive for the manufacturer to install. In general they are less robust. On the Fleetwood it is the aft section that is rubber. The forward bulbous section is molded fiberglass like the WGO.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
Wayne Dohnal wrote:
The biggest single difference IMO is that the Fleetwoods have more basement storage and a small passthrough compartment. A few years ago Fleetwood had a larger slide but now the Fleetwood and Winnebago floorplans are pretty similar. Minor differences abound. Fleetwood gives you 2 batteries, Winnebago one. Winnebago offers swivel seats and a higher tow rating (on later models). The interior seating is different. The tank dump plumbing is different. Cabinets are different. Etc., etc. You have to look at them both and decide what is and isn't important to you. If you comb through the Pulse/Icon forum there are some posts and files that list differences.

Winnebago provides two 12 volt deep cycle batteries. The battery box is tall enough for two 6 volt deep cycle batteries.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

B4me
Explorer
Explorer
THank you, Wayne.

I know different is different and opinions are subjective, but I wonder, of those features you mentioned, which is *better*. For example, I would consider more basement storage and a passthrough better, as well as swivel front seats.

Wayne_Dohnal
Explorer
Explorer
The biggest single difference IMO is that the Fleetwoods have more basement storage and a small passthrough compartment. A few years ago Fleetwood had a larger slide but now the Fleetwood and Winnebago floorplans are pretty similar. Minor differences abound. Fleetwood gives you 2 batteries, Winnebago one. Winnebago offers swivel seats and a higher tow rating (on later models). The interior seating is different. The tank dump plumbing is different. Cabinets are different. Etc., etc. You have to look at them both and decide what is and isn't important to you. If you comb through the Pulse/Icon forum there are some posts and files that list differences.
2009 Fleetwood Icon 24A
Honda Fit dinghy with US Gear brake system
LinkPro battery monitor - EU2000i generator

B4me
Explorer
Explorer
Dakzuki wrote:

Thank you. For the n00bs, what are the implications?

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

B4me
Explorer
Explorer
I too am curious about the differences in the Pulse as compared to View/Navion and others - any additional feedback and experience?

speedijim
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, did you buy the pulse 24d? are you happy with it... Jim

Jim & Vicki aka Speedi & Duke
03 GMC 2500 2WD duramax/allison
Lance 920 toys CRF450 CRF150
BMW R1200GS F650ST

rgreenb831
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to Izzy's mom and kiwidancer.. I will certainly look up those forums you suggested. I appreciate your responding to my post.

rgreenb831

kiwidancer
Explorer
Explorer
We have an '09 Pulse 24A, which we bought new, and we have been very happy with it. We had to replace the GFI in the bathroom when we first bought the unit and the battery after we forgot to unplug our GPS. We recently replaced the starter switch. It was an easy and inexpensive repair. We also change the oil ourselves and it is easy. We've had no issues at all other than these and the fit and finish is much better than any of our past three RVs.

We consistently get 16 to 17 mpg. The size is perfect for the two of us and we enjoy taking it on day trips and for errand running.

I second the suggestion to join the groups mentioned. The Pulse-Icon forum is full of satisfied owners and they are extremely helpful and generous with advice and support. Good luck in your decision-making!

Izzy_sMom
Explorer
Explorer
I have had a 2009 Pulse 24D for 4 years and love it. Small enough to maneuver around cities, large enough to not feel cramped). That is not to say I haven't had my share of problems, some of my own doing, but I am coming to realize that all RVs have issues from time-to-time. I would suggest joining both the Pulse-Icon forum(http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pulse_Icon) and the View-Navion forum(http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/View_Navion)and go thru the archives of posts to see where the problem areas are - but remember, most people post when they have a problem, not when they are happily enjoying their RV, so keep it in perspective.
Good luck with your decision.
Izzy's Mom