cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 Tiffin Phaeton no hydraulics....Help!!!

mick2268
Explorer
Explorer
In northern Wisconsin and can not pull in any hydraulic slides, or my jacks. Noticed rear slide was coming in crooked when all functions went down. Have checked all breakers, and can hear a loud click at hydraulic pump when I press slide switch. Same click when I press jack raising switches.

So far the earliest I can get someone out to look at it is Saturday, so I am currently stranded at campground. Any help is much appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
So, do you know the "root cause" of the failure?
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

keefr
Explorer
Explorer
Triple E for one still offers super service and advice on older models. They moved from the large Class A motorhomes to the Mercedes van units (Leisure Travel) in about 2010 but I still get good advice and many parts from them for my 2003. I just yesterday received a windshield trim kit from them.
Never argue with an idiot - they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - George Carlin

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
mick2268 wrote:
Follow Up: Brent at Tiffin walked us through emergency stow procedures, so we are at least able to head home...thanks!!

Impressive. Wonder how many manufacturers would offer help on a 10 year old coach, trailer, etc. I remember the runaround I got from Jayco on a Dexter Axle recall. Jayco and Dexter punted me back and forth repeatedly. Good job, Tiffin helping the OP.

mick2268
Explorer
Explorer
Follow Up: Brent at Tiffin walked us through emergency stow procedures, so we are at least able to head home...thanks!!

mick2268
Explorer
Explorer
So was that motor breaker in the same bin as the pump, or elsewhere on the coach?

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
When we had our Tiffin, a call to the factory for tech support always resulted in getting things resolved. They can easily tell you where to look first when you describe the problem you are having.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

hughesjm21
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 100 amp breaker trip on my hydraulic pump once. Obviously, I had no jacks or slide working. It took sometime to find it, but help from this forum got me there. Look at power cord starting at the hydraulic pump motor and trace it backwards to see if you can find the breaker if it exists on your coach. I do not know what the technical term is for the breaker but it does not look like standard breakers. Mine had short arm that rotated about 90 degrees and reset when I rotated back. It is a little smaller than a deck of cards.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Check relay at the pump and connections including ground to it.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/