Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 Winnebago 33C Limited Access

Yellowboat_
Explorer
Explorer
Hi.

We have purchased a 2016 Winnebago Sightseer 33C. We saw our new coach at our dealer yesterday, shortly after it arrived. The dealer has to install some aftermarket items and prep the coach so our coach will not be ready until next week.

This is the first time we have seen a 33C with the slides in and there is very little room to move from the door to the driverโ€™s seat. There is about six inches between the recliner and the kitchen cabinet.

How has other 33C owners dealt with restricted access to the ****pit?

Thanks. Safe travels. JD
2016 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on a 2016 Ford F53 Chassis
2009 Saturn VUE
Buddy our Bichon Frise
JD & Kathy
19 REPLIES 19

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Goldencrazy wrote:
I looked at a 33C two years ago at a dealer. We had him bring in slides. At first it seemed tight but moving the recliner so it was tight to the wall provided enough room to pass. I like what RonDeb did to theirs. We have found through several motorhomes that you figure out ways to make things work for you. Changing a chair or just getting used to a tight space when slides are in and packing accordingly. We just purchased a 38Q Itasca Suncruiser. I know RonDeb are laughing as we met on this forum when we had 30W's and we have been through a 30T and 35G since. We have learned to move the table that slides for better access when slides in. Good luck and enjoy. A new coach is exciting. I may be an expert.

Not trying to hijack but when did you get the 38Q. They always say buy the largest motorhome you can first as you eventually get there anyway lol. We still have our C and love it. Just seems to fit us exactly.

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Yellowboat. wrote:
rondeb wrote:
A few ideas of things we did to make our 33C more comfortable for us.

Wow. You made quite a trip when you first got your coach. We made a similar trip when we bought our 2005 Sightseer 29R. The reason why we purchased our 2016 33C is because we are planning another East Coast visit.

As far as suspension upgrades, they were negotiated and included in our purchase agreement. The dealer is installing a trac bar, sway bar, Safe-T-Plus, Progressive Industries surge protector, and an air compressor for our toad braking system, and rock guard. These were items that were installed on pur 29R.

I see that you also live in the Northwest and that you had a Miata. I had two Miatas. The latest was a 2000. We traded it for a 2010 Saturn Vue that was set up for RV towing. It was getting hard for me to get in and out of the Miata.

For other upgrades we will take them one at a time. I see that you did shades and kitchen faucet, things that are now standard on the 33C.

We have been talking about replacing the factory recliner with one of our LazyBoy chairs if the recliner is not comfortable. We ordered our 33C from Winnebago with the options that we wanted. We decided on the Rest Easy adjustable on two sides, couch. When I tried sitting on the couch in a 2015 model, the simulated leather fabric was slick and I would slide/slump down. I'm happy to say that our 2016 couch is not slippery.

Safe travels. JD

The shades came in ours, but it didn't have the shades on the side windows in the cockpit area, so those are the shades we ordered to match the others. The factory recliner was just so small that my husbands 6'4 and my 5'8 just didn't fit at all, so we just took it out. The couch as you said was slippery and very uncomfortable for us, so out it came and 2 recliners went in. Gave us more room and more comfort

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Slides facing each other really open up the coach but it is true they take up space when traveling. My Winnebago LaSharo in 1985 had not slides. We folded down the seats and dinette to sleep. We could stay anywhere and no one knew we were in it. It was great for traveling and we didn't need a toad. After a week in one place it got tighter. As we have gotten bigger coaches and more slides things are not nearly as simple but boy are they comfortable. Last winter we drove coast to coast and very close from the Gulf to Canadian border. 122 days were on the road. 17 driving. So it a question of living while parked or traveling and there are some tradeoffs.

Yellowboat_
Explorer
Explorer
rondeb wrote:
A few ideas of things we did to make our 33C more comfortable for us.

Wow. You made quite a trip when you first got your coach. We made a similar trip when we bought our 2005 Sightseer 29R. The reason why we purchased our 2016 33C is because we are planning another East Coast visit.

As far as suspension upgrades, they were negotiated and included in our purchase agreement. The dealer is installing a trac bar, sway bar, Safe-T-Plus, Progressive Industries surge protector, and an air compressor for our toad braking system, and rock guard. These were items that were installed on pur 29R.

I see that you also live in the Northwest and that you had a Miata. I had two Miatas. The latest was a 2000. We traded it for a 2010 Saturn Vue that was set up for RV towing. It was getting hard for me to get in and out of the Miata.

For other upgrades we will take them one at a time. I see that you did shades and kitchen faucet, things that are now standard on the 33C.

We have been talking about replacing the factory recliner with one of our LazyBoy chairs if the recliner is not comfortable. We ordered our 33C from Winnebago with the options that we wanted. We decided on the Rest Easy adjustable on two sides, couch. When I tried sitting on the couch in a 2015 model, the simulated leather fabric was slick and I would slide/slump down. I'm happy to say that our 2016 couch is not slippery.

Safe travels. JD
2009 Saturn VUE
Buddy our Bichon Frise
JD & Kathy

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
smacdiesel wrote:
K Charles wrote:
It surprise me the number of people that buy an RV before they look at it.
It's not an answer I know. We have been looking for a class A but we won't buy one if curtain things aren't as we want.

What kind of curtains?

mini blinds I guess
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

Yellowboat_
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
smacdiesel wrote:
K Charles wrote:
It's not an answer I know. We have been looking for a class A but we won't buy one if curtain things aren't as we want.

What kind of curtains?

It looks like my Kindle spell checker likes curtains but I don't have a clue as to what kind.

After I responded to the comment I looked up other post that had been posted. I did not see any other post that appeared to be anything other than helpful. I believe the comment was intended to be helpful.

I can assure you that we put on a lot of miles, and looked at a lot of 33Cs before we made our decision to buy. We went from a coach with slides on one side to a coach with slides on both sides. HERE IS A LEARNING MOMENT. I'm learning that when there are opposing slides, to maximize living space when open, aisle space is minimized when closed. From an design aspect it makes sense.

Now to a lighter subject, curtains. Curtains may not be an issue as a lot of newer coaches have shades. Shop and compare. Don't forget to close the shades while shopping to avoid any surprises later.

Safe travels. JD
2009 Saturn VUE
Buddy our Bichon Frise
JD & Kathy

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
smacdiesel wrote:
K Charles wrote:

What kind of curtains?

It looks like my Kindle spell checker likes curtains but I don't have a clue as to what kind.

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at a 33C two years ago at a dealer. We had him bring in slides. At first it seemed tight but moving the recliner so it was tight to the wall provided enough room to pass. I like what RonDeb did to theirs. We have found through several motorhomes that you figure out ways to make things work for you. Changing a chair or just getting used to a tight space when slides are in and packing accordingly. We just purchased a 38Q Itasca Suncruiser. I know RonDeb are laughing as we met on this forum when we had 30W's and we have been through a 30T and 35G since. We have learned to move the table that slides for better access when slides in. Good luck and enjoy. A new coach is exciting. I may be an expert.

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Question: If the aisle is tight when the slides are in, does that mean that your slides are bigger than average? i.e. do you get more floor space when the slides are extended?

If I could trade a tight space while driving for more floor space while parked, I'd say that's a good tradeoff.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

smacdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:

What kind of curtains?
2015 Winnebago Vista 35B
1983 Jeep CJ 8 Scrambler

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 33C 2012. Same layout. We removed the little recliner and the couch. Both were terribly uncomfortable. We put in 2 recliners in the space of the couch and the space where the recliner was is virtually open. When we stop we have a little table that we put there. When we travel we turn the recliners both facing the front of the rv. They take up much less room that the couch and recliner from the factory when turned. Lots of room to maneuver

Yellowboat_
Explorer
Explorer
Heisenberg wrote:
We have not had any problem getting to the rest room while traveling. It is tight ... but we use our slides when parked.

Thanks. We haven't had a chance to play with it yet. In a PM someone suggested turning the recliner sideways. While getting our first look I quickly loosened the recliner and moved it closer to the wall. That provided easier access. Perhaps when the slides are extended it will allow better positioning of the recliner for travel.

Thanks for all response. I see that I can't talk about c o c k p it s on this site. Others have made me laughs. JD
2009 Saturn VUE
Buddy our Bichon Frise
JD & Kathy