cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

22E weight

samven1
Explorer
Explorer
I just thought I would post this because while I was looking I could not find and info on delivered weight and axle weights. I took my Four Winds 22E on a Chevy chassis to the CAT scales. No water, no supplies and 3/4 tank of gas. The Weights were Steer axle 3720, Drive axle 6060 Gross 9780, I weight 175 so you could subtract that for the vehicle only. The only options are spare tire, heated tanks, outside shower and second house battery.
Sam
03 Dodge Ram 1500 QC LB Hemi
2015 Four Winds 22E Chevy
3 REPLIES 3

txhood
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 22e. I called Thor tech support with vin # and they gave me the dry weight. It was a little over 9600.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
If it was on E-Series, Ford would want at least 33% of total weight on front axle, and you have nearly 39%. This is GOOD! As you add weight for travel and camping, try to make sure 1/3 - 1/2 of that addition is forward of the rear axle. In other words, try to keep that upper-30's%. Your passenger's weight will help. Then weigh again, and this time use a weight-to-pressure chart to set your tire pressures. You're well on your way to a good ride!
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

johnnyrv
Explorer
Explorer
thanks. probably the same for our ford 22e