cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

245/70R 19.5 tires

waterboy502000
Explorer
Explorer
My current Good Year tires (245/70R 19.5)are right at 7 years old so its time to replace. I've had good luck with Good Years over the years on cars, trucks and first time on the MH. Michelin seem to dry rot sooner than than the others. I'm having a hard time finding the Good Years. Don't want China bombs. Just looking for feedback on what or where to buy. I have Coachnet and was looking at their tire purchase program and pricing for the Good Years was way too high ($505.22 + tax). They only deal with Michelin and Good Year. The person handling the program doesn't know squat about tires (figures). Any feedback would be appreciated.
2015 Jayco Precept 31UL, 6.8L, 362 hp, 1994 Tracker, Sterling All Terrain
9 REPLIES 9

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been very happy with the Toyo M154 tires on my rig. I had the put on about two years ago. I keep my rig stored at a local trucking firm, and the owner told me that Toyo is his first choice for tires as they perform very well at a good price.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last fall I switched to Cooper tires on our motorhome. Coopers have worked well for me over the years on my cars, and so far I'm happy with their performance on the motorhome as well after almost 5,000 miles.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
I have had Hankook's on my MH for 10 years. An absolute joy in tires. Problem is I originally had 8R 19.5 on my MH. By going to the 225R 70's my engine ran at a higher speed and I lost a little gas mileage. I just put on the MH 8R 19.5's again. I had a he11 of a time finding tires for 19.5's I settled on Bridgestone's, $1910.00 out the door for 6 of them. I was really wanting Hankooks but couldn't find them in my size and I needed new tires for a trip I just got back from. If you can hold out get Hankooks.
1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
I'm putting Toyo M154 245/75R22.5 to replace Micheline XRV tires. About $360 each out the door.
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Consider Hankook, Toyo
-jbh-

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard about "China bombs" so much and I don't get it.
Had the Goodyears on, one of them had a blowout sitting still.
I had the Sailun S737 four of them on the back drove them for 11 years before taking them off and now have Ironman tires all the way round.
I think the china tires may be better now a days.
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Goodyear says their RV tires are good for 10 years not 7. If they are in good shape, have them inspected annually until they hit 10 then dump them. Unless of course you want to spend big bucks for tires right now.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

waterboy502000
Explorer
Explorer
wguss wrote:
When my original Goodyears were worn out at 40,000 miles I researched and ended up with Hankook AL11's. I have put 40,000 miles on them, had them rotated once, and they look like they could go another 40,000 miles.
I will certainly look at them next time I need tires.

I run Hankooks on my cars and very happy with them. didnt know they had MH tires. Ill check it out.
2015 Jayco Precept 31UL, 6.8L, 362 hp, 1994 Tracker, Sterling All Terrain

wguss
Explorer
Explorer
When my original Goodyears were worn out at 40,000 miles I researched and ended up with Hankook AL11's. I have put 40,000 miles on them, had them rotated once, and they look like they could go another 40,000 miles.
I will certainly look at them next time I need tires.