cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

3126 cat

martye
Explorer
Explorer
looking for a used 3126 cat 330 horse code 8yl for a 2000 holiday rambler,need one asap, any imfo on where one is ,thanks
11 REPLIES 11

Silverado6x6
Explorer
Explorer
Be aware that cat motors are set up for specific usage, you cannot use one set up from a generator and then into a road engine, not without changing most internals such as the cam and injection pump. I had a similar problem with a 3306, i had another motor but it was used as an oilfield hydraulic pump, all its hp and torque was at a specific rpm. I just rebuilt that 3306 last month, its in one of my 1992 Peterbilt concrete mixers.

11178adm
Explorer
Explorer
cat makes 3 basic versions of the 3126 low mid and high hp, if you can get a dealer that has access to cats web site they have a chart of the components required to uprate horsepower. if memory serves me correctly a 275 or 300 hp truck engine could be changed by using your ecm, but make sure the performance components are correct, that would be the injectors, turbo, cam and pistons, some also require a different vibration dampener, the rerate chart has this info.
that was a serious malfunction if you can see through from one side to the other. good luck in your search for a replacement

martye
Explorer
Explorer
Valkyriebush wrote:
Curious to what happened to the original? Mine has been bullet proof.
mine has always ran great, but blew up ,I mean blew up bad, I can see clean threw one side of engine to the other, crazy

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Curious to what happened to the original? Mine has been bullet proof.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree you need to find one in the 300 or more HP as most delivery trucks were less than that. As Towmed said your EMC and the same plugs is the kee for it working with your Allison. The 330 hp are out there as about a year ago a bunch of them sold on Government Deals in GA so search Gov surplus sites as someone bought/has them. They were new/unused, fairly complete spare engines.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

martye
Explorer
Explorer
mine is 330 horse 860 torque, im being told by some places listed here that have engines forsale they will not work, they say lot difference in say a 250 horse to 330 horse, cam ,pump, etc, say 330 only came in rv's and emergency stuff, I just don't know , also some these places that have engines listed don't even have them

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
martye wrote:
Triker33 wrote:
***Link Removed***

im told that the ones out of trucks wont work, I don't know

Find another shop... they're all yellow and they don't know whether they are in a truck or whatever. The ECM off your old engine is the interface for control. Exhaust and intake brackets and tubing will likely be different. BUT the basic engine is the same. Get the serial and call CAT to check HP and torque.

Ebay and Truck Paper have lots plus just a Google search. Can't post links but just the names may survive???

Come on he's new and needs a hand mods.
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

martye
Explorer
Explorer
Triker33 wrote:
***Link Removed***

***Link Removed***

***Link Removed***

***Link Removed***
im told that the ones out of trucks wont work, I don't know

martye
Explorer
Explorer
colaws has nonthing, vision has one , but there used price is kinda out of my budget,lol,so shopping around, thanks

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
ebay 3126

Truck Paper

MLS

And many more 3126's for sale used.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Did you try Colaws RV Salvage or Visione RV.
Both dismantle RV's and sell parts
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind