cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3M film

sarhvac1
Explorer
Explorer
3M film on front of rig is starting to look like **** with what looks like mold underneath it.I had a quote from Diamond shield to remove and replace for a crazy amount of cash.. since then I've seen on 2 rigs the front was rhino lined to match the colors of the coach pretty close i know it will last a lifetime. looking for personal opinions on this... whats your take,,, YAY OR NAY ?? looks better than a bra to cover it up to me.
sarhvac1
08 Forest River Georgetown
18 REPLIES 18

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
You can google "Ugly shield removal" Wayne has many videos on the removal process. He is very helpful and if needed you can contact him. They sell product but you DON'T have to purchase anything from him. In watching the videos there is a difference in removing the 3m vs. Diamond Shield. Give his videos a look they are very informative. I have no affiliation with his company and only wish I was closer to get his services. I may just make the trip to FL to have him remove it this spring. If my arm and shoulder were better I would most definitely try it myself. Thanks for the Rhino Lined mention. I had not heard of them and will look into that as well.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen rigs where the film was removed without any paint damage. All you have to do is take your time and go slow during removal.

Rhino liner belongs in a truck bed, not on the front of a coach.

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
I removed it from a 2008 Allegro Bus. Finger cramping job and some repainting was required. When we ordered the 2013, we specified NO garbage on the front, and Bob Tiffin called me personally to verify that was what I wanted. Of course it came through with the coating. Tiffin removed it under warranty 6 months later and repainted the sections of paint that came off with it. I've had bra's on both Buses and we have 98,000 miles on the 2013. The front looks wonderful, and this unit has been driven to Alaska 8 times so far.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I removed mine. So do many others. The earlier the easier as age makes it more difficult to remove.