cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5 Star Tune and Ford Warranty

jeffo
Explorer
Explorer
I was all ready to call and order a 5 star for my V10 when I read their disclaimer that it will void your power train warranty. I have 2 more years left on mine so I guess I will wait.

Jeff
2013 Thor Daybreak 32HD
31 REPLIES 31

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
jeffo wrote:
Read this:http://www.stage3motorsports.com/Stage-3s-Stance-Tuning-Your-Vehicles-Warranty.html

Jeff, I e-mailed Josh at 5-Star this link and asked him to comment or set the record straight. I'll post when I receive a reply.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

jeffo
Explorer
Explorer
Read this:http://www.stage3motorsports.com/Stage-3s-Stance-Tuning-Your-Vehicles-Warranty.html
2013 Thor Daybreak 32HD

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
jeffo wrote:
I was reading the post on " Ford Truck Enthusiast Forum".
I might call a Ford truck dealer and ask them. I hope you guys are right, I am ready to buy one.

Jeff, where did you see the disclaimer that suggests the Ford warranty will be void???? can you point me to the wording?
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
jeffo wrote:
I might call a Ford truck dealer and ask them. I hope you guys are right, I am ready to buy one.

I'd suggest calling Ford HQ rather than a dealer.
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

jeffo
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Thor Daybreak 32HD

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Outside of my coach being new, I've never had a warranty.

Hudsoner
Explorer
Explorer
Dune Hauler wrote:
Magnuson -Moss Waranty Act wont help you at all Ford will win every time. The money you will spend on attorneys would buy you a new motor 2 or 3 times over. I have first hand experience on this after Gail Banks lied to me that they would help support their 6 gun tuner. I spent more on attorneys than my truck was worth.

I won against Volkswagen, I did not even have an attorney!

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
jeffo wrote:
I was all ready to call and order a 5 star for my V10 when I read their disclaimer that it will void your power train warranty. I have 2 more years left on mine so I guess I will wait.

Jeff

Jeff, where did you see that? Josh at 5-Star told me that the Ford warranty is NOT voided by using the 5-Star product.

Roomers, Ford even uses aftermarket tunes for their Mustangs. I believe that Ford has a list of approved companies that are a non problem and do not even give them a second though.
Wildmanbaker

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
jeffo wrote:

Jeff

Jeff, where did you see that? Josh at 5-Star told me that the Ford warranty is NOT voided by using the 5-Star product.
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
The MM act is a bunch of ****.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Dune_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Magnuson -Moss Waranty Act wont help you at all Ford will win every time. The money you will spend on attorneys would buy you a new motor 2 or 3 times over. I have first hand experience on this after Gail Banks lied to me that they would help support their 6 gun tuner. I spent more on attorneys than my truck was worth.
The Dune Box

Hudsoner
Explorer
Explorer
Ford or a dealer can say what they want, they still have to follow the law of the land. And that is in this case the Magnuson -Moss Waranty Act (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act), which would require that /ford can proove without any doubt thatthe 5 Star Tuning did cause this waranty fault!
This means, you do not loose the warranty just because your vehicle is tuned!

I enjoy the results of 5 Star tuning now for several years, and I would not want to be without it!

jeffo
Explorer
Explorer
5 star said that even if you remove it before going to the dealer the PCM will retain the history and in any major warranty claim the first thing ford does is download the tune history. They did say if you drive it 50 to 100 miles it will reset the history, but this would be hard to do if your tranny or engine is down. They did say that even if it resets and it gets past the dealer that on major claims ford will have the dealer send the PCM to them and they can still read the history. They say Mustangs are the biggest abusers,

P.S Mccsix I like your profile pic, I am just about finished restoring a 28 tudor that my Great Grandpa purchased new. Need to install the top and blast and paint the wheels.
2013 Thor Daybreak 32HD

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
FYI
The tuner install saves all the orig settings and can be returned to orig settings.
I have it in mine and it's great.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe after waiting two years you will appreciate it more? ๐Ÿ™‚

Wise move, I wouldn't take the chance of voiding the warranty.