Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

(90's) Tioga 23P series - floorplan question

Callmesharkdanc
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning!

I've been doing a lot of research lately, and was wondering if anyone could help me on a particular question.

I recently stumbled on a 1990 Tioga 23P class C. I love the floor plan!

Basically, it's a Rear Goucho/couch with a table, the Kitchen on the drivers side wall, with a proper dinette on the passenger side wall. (And the the bath on the same wall as the kitchen.) The door is right behind the passenger seat.

I noticed they also had this layout in a picture of a 1994 rig, I found.

I was wondering how common this layout was, and also how long they ran it before dropping it. so far, 94's the most recent I can find.

Question #2, then, Do you know of any other Rigs that might have a similar floor plan?

I really like the idea of having some sort of rear lunge options. (I don't much like the full, walled off look.) and of course, want to stay under 25. 23-24 seems to be a good, manageable size.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Once again, I have to thank you all. So far, without a doubt, RV.net is the most helpful forum I've been on.

-RW
7 REPLIES 7

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
tatest wrote:
The rear lounge was still pretty common for C motorhomes in the 80s and 90s, and you can still get it new from LazyDaze.

The new LazyDaze have a rear lounge with a side dinette, but only in the 27' length, and the rear lounge is enclosed more like a bedroom. The old floorplan was a lot more open.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
The rear lounge was still pretty common for C motorhomes in the 80s and 90s, and you can still get it new from LazyDaze. So if you are looking in that age range, and that size, you should find the floor plan in surviving examples of most brands.

I think you will find the lounge in back on some of the earliest Cs in the 70s, as chassis were still rated fairly lightly, so that heavy stuff like baths, fresh water and waste tanks, appliances had to go forward of the rear axle for balance, leaving the rear overhang for lighter weight seating.

The floorplan started disappearing from longer Cs when availability of heavier chassis allowed larger Cs to move the lounge forward, kitchen and bath over or just behind the rear axle, and a (presumed to be unoccupied while moving) bedroom in the rear overhang.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

4K-Ranch
Explorer
Explorer
Exactly the same layout as my 1986 Tioga Arrow. Just about right for the wife and myself and our dog. Anymore than that and it would be crowded.
Kim & Kay

1986 Class C Fleetwood Tioga Arrow
E350 Chassis, 460 Ford engine

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
Almost $30,000 for a 1998 Class C? At around $19,000 to $21,000, maybe it could sell. Most likely at the lower price.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
I saw that floorplan a lot when I was looking. They seemed to be very common in the 80's and 90's. I think it's a much better design than the current fad of the rear bed. You've got a lot of versatility with it. That rear dinette could be: 1) dinette with the table; 2) couch without the table; or 3) bed. And you could keep it down as a bed and still have the front dinette for dining, etc. I think I only saw it in the 24-25 ft range.

I believe there were several makes that used that floorplan - I remember seeing it called "party" model and "double dinette" model
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Callmesharkdance wrote:
Oh, and for anyone with $30k to drop on a rig right now, Check out this beauty! (Still trying to figure out if I can get my proverbial, monetary ducks in a row.)

1998 4x4 Fleetwood Jamboree 24D. - RVTrader.com
Gorgeous.

unless you gotta have 4 wheel drive, it seems horribly overpriced to me. My 1999 chieftain 34 footer was twice the motorhome as that at 2/3 the price.
bumpy

Callmesharkdanc
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, and for anyone with $30k to drop on a rig right now, Check out this beauty! (Still trying to figure out if I can get my proverbial, monetary ducks in a row.)

1998 4x4 Fleetwood Jamboree 24D. - RVTrader.com
Gorgeous.